Rad armor...and everything else

Randolk

On 9/20/2021 at 9:43 AM, Werner said:

Rereading the OP, I don't consider Dark Armor's weakness to be knockback protection since that is easily addressed. It's the mediocre defense and lack of defense debuff resistance (DDR) that I find troublesome when building and playing Dark Armor.

Agreed, one of the biggest advantages of DA is that it's pretty easy to hit the resist caps. KB is not really an issue with BoZ's KB protection, and it's heal is insane (a) as long and it hits, b) you have the ToE proc, and c) enough mobs for the proc to fire. Still one of the best heals in the game "near zero health to full in nothing flat".

• Like 1

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

7 minutes ago, Warboss said:

Agreed, one of the biggest advantages of DA is that it's pretty easy to hit the resist caps. KB is not really an issue with BoZ's KB protection, and it's heal is insane (a) as long and it hits, b) you have the ToE proc, and c) enough mobs for the proc to fire. Still one of the best heals in the game "near zero health to full in nothing flat".

I try to address all of those points with my Dark Regeneration slotting on my Dark/MA Tanker. Set bonuses for resists and knockback protection, Theft of Essence proc, and enough accuracy, healing, and endurance reduction to work fairly reliably even in an AV fight. I don't know if this would be my recommendation for most people for most purposes, but it suits me.

DarkRegen.JPG.5ed026ae552be7c43e2f13f1d486e373.JPG

• Thumbs Up 1

I've used the FoGs on some builds and if you can work them into the build it's a good way to go.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

I have both a RadA and a DarkA Tanker. They are similar with Dark being more survivable in some situations. But -heal debuffs will hurt DarkA more than the RadA.

Rad armor is tough, Dark is tougher most of the time, but Shield and invuln are much tougher. MY vote for the best Tanker primary would have to go to Shield defence. Exceptionally tough and brings added damage. A DDR nerf to it (1 stack only) would bring it more in line and it would still be exceptionally good. So thumbs up to that.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 1