Opinons on the funnest build to level the old fashion way

I-Dirty

7 hours ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

My first thought was just about any Scrapper.  Love them.  Tough, great damage, mez protection.  After  soloing a couple Sentinels I'd add them as well.  Sure they don't do as much damage, but my Fire/Bio Sentinel was one my most enjoyable solo projects I've tried.  Truly love that character.  

never done bio no clue about it 😛

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

Bio works pretty well on Sents... I have a Dark/Bio that's great fun. Tavaris is slower than proverbial Christmas when it comes to clearing maps, but bein gin his way is a little like being in the path of a glacier. There's not a thing the goons can really do to stop him. 😝

• Thumbs Up 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Back in the old days, after I got a couple of 50s (and before Incarnates), I enjoyed playing with the secondary aspects of powers.  I made an Elec/Elec blaster that slotted end mods to sap opponent's endurance.  I didn't do as much damage as I would have if I had slotted dmg, of course, but it was fun to use the Stealth Power Pool and go the PvP zones, snipe a player, follow up with a second attack and watch him drop to a walk because he didn't have enough endurance to use Sprint.  It was a troll build, but it was amusing.  Perhaps you'll find a powerset that you can enjoy using the secondary effect on.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:41 PM, starro said:

tank invulnerable super strength and after level 20 set difficulty to x8 and +2.  

^---this.  Totally agree.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Well...lots of combos, I would think. I know I enjoy just about anything arrows. My AR/Tac Arrow has been fun. Some damage from the bullets, then all the tricksy stuff from the bow: glue, ESD, Flash. Ice Arrow has turned out to be handier than I originally gave it credit for. Plus you get the movement buff along the way (gymnastics).  With all the travel stacks, you can motor fairly well with prestige run/Sprint/gymnastics. Grab a jet pack, get your zone TP power via Atlas, grab some Explores in key zones. You can bounce around quick these days.

I also REALLY enjoyed Staff/Ninj a great deal. Probably best on a Brute, but I went scrapper. 

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.