Hitters and Sitters Pvp Event (Cancelled)

battlewraith

Well, sorry to anyone that expressed interest in participating but I can't get enough people on board to run it. 

1082099123_HittersandSittersad.jpg.c82dfa613371c24e21b65507dbdc6e4c.jpg

Back on live I was a PVPEC server rep for Protector server. I and the other reps ran a variety of casual events in order to promote interest in pvp. I would like to create a scene like that on Excelsior where people can just drop in and have some silly fun pew pewing each other without  needing to have optimized, thoroughly enhanced pvp builds or significant experience spiking or evading spikes. To that end, I want to try running events that only allow Single Origin enhancements and no incarnates (not even alpha). It's not like pre-IO pvp was perfectly balanced but I think it will go a good way to making the event more casual friendly and tolerant of build variety.  I also aim to try to connect pvp events with different communities--roleplaying, AE mission builders, etc. There are a lot of farmers and doorsitters ingame, why not get the ball rolling with them?

Rules: (this section will be update as things are finalized)

1. Each farmer will be responsible for a pling a team of level 1 characters all the way to 50.

2, The teams will fight other teams at specific levels agreed upon by the captains (eg. 1, 18, 38, 50, whatever)

3. Players have to play the same characters throughout. You can respec if desired, but not swap out characters. If you're going to farm with a spines/fire you have to bring the same character into matches. 

4. SOs only in the pvp matches. Farmers can use their preferred IO/incarnate builds to farm, but have to use an SOed build in the actual fights. Arena temps, accolades, etc. will be decided by team captains.

5. Variety. Captains will decide on build/AT restrictions. For example each team may be allowed 1 of each AT.

What I need:

A. Hitters. Post your name, build and global in this thread. I will update the list in this post.

1. L Dopa, SS/Bio brute (@espectro or @battlewraith)

2. Sanitarium (@EnnVee)

B. Sitters. Name, global, and a list of 3 builds you would be interested in playing.

1. TraumaTrain  (   ,   ,   )

2. DarkHumour (stalker, corruptor, brute ) 

3. @worldgovernor (controller, dom, blaster)

C. Organizers, Anyone willing to help run the event, promote it, and help secure rewards and whatnot.

1. @EnnVee

Edited by battlewraith
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you want to be a sitter, all I really need to know for signups is generally what you're interested in playing (defender, SOA, Warshade, etc.). You can even wait to settle on the specific build after you are on a team and see what other people want to play. The main thing is to spread out ATs. I don't want teams full of 1 kind of character.

• Like 1

The hitters have to do the most work. They have to farm for the sitters, finalize the rules together, coordinate their teams and so on. 

For taking these duties on, I'm thinking of modeling and 3d printing custom bust/trophies for each farmer. Something similar to this, probably a little 

less complicated (maybe from the shoulders up instead of the upper torso.

dcwbvi5-7ab93337-233e-4e80-8459-cebfc8d7

• Like 2

Curious how this is going to play out............. I can understand the "SITTERS" using SO's only, but I must admit that a farmer on an SO build is going to take a VERY LONG TIME to get anyone levels. IF the farmer can even survive, they won't be of much help in a farming sense without a decent build. I also think the FARMERS should NOT be allowed to PvP, that should be reserved to the sitters as they hit benchmark levels. The Farmers as captains should take a side line in the PvP to cheer on and support their team. 

Just my opinion, but want to get your feedback because I have 2 fully slotted farmers, and would love to join this, just not on an SO'd farmer.

I would also like to volunteer the use of my Discord server !! I can create channels for each team so that captains can communicate with their team !
I know that some people may not have mic, but I want everyone to know that if you have a smart phone, you can download discord mobile app, and then your phone becomes your mic, so no one would have to make any sudden purchase! This would be a great way for teams to ask questions, plan out builds, and laugh with each other !

Edited by EnnVee
  • Like 1

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

5 hours ago, EnnVee said:

Curious how this is going to play out............. I can understand the "SITTERS" using SO's only, but I must admit that a farmer on an SO build is going to take a VERY LONG TIME to get anyone levels. IF the farmer can even survive, they won't be of much help in a farming sense without a decent build. I also think the FARMERS should NOT be allowed to PvP, that should be reserved to the sitters as they hit benchmark levels. The Farmers as captains should take a side line in the PvP to cheer on and support their team. 

Just my opinion, but want to get your feedback because I have 2 fully slotted farmers, and would love to join this, just not on an SO'd farmer.

I would also like to volunteer the use of my Discord server !! I can create channels for each team so that captains can communicate with their team !
I know that some people may not have mic, but I want everyone to know that if you have a smart phone, you can download discord mobile app, and then your phone becomes your mic, so no one would have to make any sudden purchase! This would be a great way for teams to ask questions, plan out builds, and laugh with each other !

Ugh, sorry for the confusion. No, you don't have to pl on an SOed farmer. What I mean is, everyone in the pvp matches has to be SOed. So I was picturing the farmers as either using one of their build slots to bring in an SOed version, or if that isn't possible for some reason they can bring in a lvl 50  SOed double of the farm character. Also, the SO build that the farmer brings in to pvp with doesn't have to be designed for farming. It can and should be aimed at pvp.

Regarding the farmers being in matches--i'm flexible on that. We can decide as a group if we get enough captains to run the event. My main concern right now is getting enough people in matches to run the event. Back in the day on live if I offered 3d busts for something like this I'd have had dozens of art whores in here climbing over each other to get one. Now all I'm hearing is crickets. We might need the captains to fight in the matches just to have enough bodies in there. 

Sign me up as a Captain and Assistant Organizer !!

Farmer is - Sanitarium

Global - @EnnVee 

Discord - EnnVee#6912 
https://discord.gg/VzJz2FaxXr - this server now has a meeting hall voice channel, the rules section (text channel), and will have voice channels for each team, please use the link to join this discord if you plan to be a hitter or sitter !

• Like 1

21__infinity_by_halo_enigma-d2wllcr13.jpg

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

I have several farm builds, and farming is something I can get behind. PvP with S/O builds... Not so much. 

It's an experiment. In the early days of pvp on live people were playing all kinds of different characters. Buffs and debuffs made a huge difference. You had damage spikes but not the crazy procced-out damage you see now. With IOs people can make tankmages that can melt your face nonstop are are very surviveable. So I'm hoping that this will be a fun alternative.

So what type of farmer you use is a tactical choice for the match. You may choose to use a farming build that is not quite as good as spines/fire but that has better utility as a pvp build in matches. Any of the farmers that fight in matches will have to be using a second or third build slot anyway in order to be SOed and they should respec to be more suited for fighting other characters than npc mobs.

A lot of the details of the actual structure of the event remain to be finalized. Things like scheduling, which we can't really do until we have enough people signed up. But for example, I would not want to have to do the entire event, all the farming and all the pvp in one go. It's much more likely we'll, for example, do an initial match, then farm a run or two, and then have people fight again. Then we can say "ok let's convene again tomorrow or the next day at a certain time, farmers have your team to lvl 38 by then." That way the farmers can farm at their convenience, maybe accommodate teammates with weird schedules, etc. If people are having fun we might mix it up as well, do impromptu kickballs, 2v2s, 3v3s, huge solo matches, whatever. Then pick up the leveling part when people are ready.

• battlewraith changed the title to Hitters and Sitters Pvp Event (Cancelled)