Are Porters in Sky Raiders interesting or just half baked?

DougGraves

4 hours ago, Hardship said:

I don't mind Sappers if I see them. It is the Sapper that I don't see that can really ruin my day.

Well, yeah, You learn to to recon before rushing in to find a Sapper, Sorcerer, Quantum/Void etc.

Which does no good when there's (a second) one just around the corner. Arrrrrggghhhh.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 minutes ago, Shenanigunner said:

Well, yeah, You learn to to recon before rushing in to find a Sapper, Sorcerer, Quantum/Void etc.

Which does no good when there's (a second) one just around the corner. Arrrrrggghhhh.

At least its not the original years when there could be a room full of Sorcs.  I still shutter remembering the big room a PUG I was on stumbled into with Sorcs everywhere.  Took us less-experienced players hours to clear that mess.  Quants were pretty nasty back then, too.  Now, its more like "who just turned a tanning lamp on me?"

13 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Come now, we all know you've got a pop menu full of twenty-seventeen options for various "target_custom_next enemy alive <insert troublesome mob name here>" macros hiding someplace for just such occasions! 🤣

I mean I sort of have a macro for "Find," on a couple of characters, that I have to then remember it exists, remember to edit it with the appropriate most annoying mob out of the group I'm facing (if applicable) and then actually remember to click it instead of just hammering the TAB key like I'm back in an arcade playing Track And Field .....

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

12 minutes ago, Hew said:

I recommend replacing port with combat teleport as well.

Probably a relatively easy swap.  I haven't looked at CoD, but in the wiki descriptions of Porters, Sorcs, and Gunslingers it looks like they're just using Teleport the travel power.

Edits:

Technically that would be a range nerf for mobs; but I would expect that to be a trivial value to adjust.

Also; credit to @Wavicle for first posting the idea.

I also support higher rank teleporting enemies getting access to Teleport Target and Fold Space. There are some AVs that could be pretty dangerous with tools like that.  If the AI was smart enough for one mob to FS players into ground "warning" targets or death patches that would really be something.  But now I'm in the realm of unrealistic. 😛

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.