First Corruptor

JustineFarrell

Really am enjoying this character.  However I have made some mistakes in the build that are pretty messed up.  I was wondering if anyone would have some advice or a build for an Ice Blast / Storm Corruptor. Please. Thank you! 

Edited by JustineFarrell
spelling error corrected

What do you consider "messed up?"

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I would highly advise not getting rid of Tornado.  When slotted with an enhancement that causes it's knockback to keep enemies in place instead of scattering them (Sudden Acceleration: Knockback to Knockdown), it becomes a massive source of extra damage and soft control.  It shreds enemies while keeping them floored and with enough recharge you can easily have two out at once.  It can also be slotted with an Achille's Heel proc for more damage, and a Force Feedback proc which almost always fires on you when you use it.  Combined with Freezing Rain and Lighting Storm, those along with Tornado make Storm a massively powerful set in the damage department.

I do agree that Thunder Clap is not good (only Mag 2, won't stun much beyond minions) and Hurricane can be useful if you know how to use it properly; I usually skip Hurricane because I don't.  Also if you're looking for extra stealth with Steamy Mist, you can always put a Celerity/Unbounded Leap Stealth proc in Sprint.  With that proc combined with Steamy Mist, you'll be fully invisible to anything that doesn't have perception boosts, though Sprint will still eat a lot of endurance so don't use it for combat if you can help it.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On an Ice/Storm I could see Hurricane being situationally very useful. But it is highly situational (I just think Ice being ranged = more likely to be able to just Hurricane up and blast things from afar). 

Tornado needs a KB2KD but as Zork says having it in there makes it an excellent power (I've kb2kds and forced feedbacks in both Tornado & Lightning Storm). 

21 hours ago, DreadShinobi said:

overwhelming force should typically be used in tornado over sudden acceleration as the IO in overwhelming force also increases the base damage.

I'd always be careful about putting OF into a power that already has a knock.  While it does convert the knockback to a knockdown, the enhancement also has its own knockdown proc and should that fire at the same time as the power's own knock, they will stack and cause knockback negating most of the point of using it.  It might work better in Tornado if the proc numbers agree but it defeats the purpose if you start crowd scattering again.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

41 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I'd always be careful about putting OF into a power that already has a knock.  While it does convert the knockback to a knockdown, the enhancement also has its own knockdown proc and should that fire at the same time as the power's own knock, they will stack and cause knockback negating most of the point of using it.  It might work better in Tornado if the proc numbers agree but it defeats the purpose if you start crowd scattering again.

I have never noticed that behavior. I have the overwhelming force kb>kd io slotted in tornado on my storm/sonic defender and that has never happened.

And yes im quite familiar with multiple knockdowns stacking to be knockback. Way back on live in villains b4 ios i farmed tv don map with multiple super strength brutes and if 2 brutes foot stomp at the exact same time they can cause knockback. This behavior is not present in overwhelming force because it does not magically produce a 2nd source of knockback.

Overwheling force is 100% a better io than sudden acceleration because it enhances the dmg value. If you have multiple needs for the kb-kd io you have to pick which power gets the dmg increase as it is unique and sudden acceleration is not.

Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.

39 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

This behavior is not present in overwhelming force because it does not magically produce a 2nd source of knockback

The Overwhelming Force Proc is both a Knockback to Knockdown and Chance for Knockdown.  If the power slotted already has a knockback effect it can fire alongside Overwhelming Force's own Chance for Knockdown, which can potentially result in a stacking double knockdown that now becomes a full knockback.  Maybe less likely in Tornado, but if you put it into something like Explosive Blast you might see a couple critters still get blown away by the attack when the rest of the mob gets knocked in place.

Edited by ZorkNemesis