DECIMATION :chance to build up

Lazarus

SO i am very bad at math,..i currently have this proc. slotted in the epic pool power char, which has a 32 sec recharge.

My question is too fold,..

1 what's the proc. chance at 0% recharge vs. 50%

2 with the long recharge vs. 50% is there a best slotting to use this proc.  or is another dam. proc just the better way to go.

thx for all inputs.

Edited by Lazarus

That proc is only 1PPM, so a 32s clicky with a 1.32s arcanatime activation is never going to get a capped activation chance.
The highest you can get (0% recharge slotting) is 55.53% activation chance.
At 50% recharge slotting it becomes a 37.76% activation chance. 
At 100% recharge slotting it's a 28.87% activation chance.

Using the build up proc in there is fine, but its performance will greatly depend on what other powers you're able to activate within its remaining effect time: 5.25-1.32 = 3.93 seconds plus a maximum of another 0.5 seconds (due to the  additional "Animation Time Before Effect" that's present on the set bonus) so ballpark of "4 and a bit seconds in which to squeeze in as many other attacks as possible".

• Like 1

Definitely what he said. Char is a good place, probably your highest proc chance, just make sure your "rotation" afterwards has abilities that will take advantage of the boost, ie. not a low damage power padded up with procs. Especially considering Char has a pretty high base recharge and won't be used in every rotation cycle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 10/14/2021 at 5:11 AM, Maelwys said:

That proc is only 1PPM, so a 32s clicky with a 1.32s arcanatime activation is never going to get a capped activation chance.
The highest you can get (0% recharge slotting) is 55.53% activation chance.
At 50% recharge slotting it becomes a 37.76% activation chance. 
At 100% recharge slotting it's a 28.87% activation chance.

Using the build up proc in there is fine, but its performance will greatly depend on what other powers you're able to activate within its remaining effect time: 5.25-1.32 = 3.93 seconds plus a maximum of another 0.5 seconds (due to the  additional "Animation Time Before Effect" that's present on the set bonus) so ballpark of "4 and a bit seconds in which to squeeze in as many other attacks as possible".

This is my understanding. I never crunched the numbers but ballparked the time you could use build up via this proc. So, essentially, one attack. It doesn't seem worth it to me at all unless you have the spare slot etc. I have slotted this power a few times and don't really notice it firing but maybe that's just me.

Also, I tend to team mostly and don't look at the numbers too closely. Bottom line, it doesn't seem too impactful to me as you really have to time it out and make sure your attack chain is set up for it (I have treated it like: I'll slot it cuz I have an extra slot and just hope it fires and I can get my next attack off on time).