Suggested Stone Mastery Set for Dominators

Ravenbane

Hi everyone!

Dominators are the only AT that have access to an earth primary and/or secondary and don't have a related epic pool. Now, I know this is because Earth Assault already uses most of the Stone Melee set and that doesn't leave us with much to choose from outside of Stone Armor as far as player powers a. However, I think there are enough powers from NPCs we can pull from to create a Stone epic pool for Dominators.

Here are my suggestions.

#1 Dust Cloud OR Dust Devil - You direct a mass of rock fragments and sand at your enemies. The tiny shards cause a small amount of lethal damage, and reduce the vision and accuracy of your foes. Minor damage (Lethal), - to hit, - perception.

Dust Cloud could possibly include a chance for confuse like Blinding Powder. Dust Devil would do knockdown or slow. Undecided on adding -defense/resist from the lethal damage from the bits of sand and rock... that might be too much with the other effects.

My first thoughts for the animation for Dust Cloud would be EITHER a colored variant of Gale so it looks like dust OR the animation for Blinding Powder, also colored to look like you're throwing dirt in someone's face. Dust Devil would be like Scirocco's power, but it only summons one of them. This would basically just be a reskin of Water Spout from Leviathan Mastery in most aspects, but the secondary effects would be different.

The -to hit also provides nice synergy with power #3.

#1 Alternate - Gravel. This is a straight import from the Minions of Igneous power.
AssaultWeapons ShotgunBuckShot.png Gravel Ranged (Cone), Moderate Damage
Pumicites can spray a cone of jagged gravel at foes, shredding them.

I would consider adding -defense OR -res as an additional effect to this as well, attributed to the multiple tiny cuts inflicted by the sharp bits of Rock.

... now that I think of it this could be a good animation choice for Dust Cloud as well.

#2 Earth's Embrace - Self Heal, +Max Health, +Resistance(Toxic). Straight import from Stone Armor, which is also in the Stone Mastery set for Controllers.

#3 Rock Armor - Toggle: Self +Defense(Smashing, Lethal). As above. Import from Stone Armor, which is also in the Stone Mastery set for Controllers.

#4 Upthrust - Taken from the Prophetess/Oracle/Syblls of Earth in the Talons of Vengeance.
TalonsOfVengeance Upthrust.png Upthrust Targeted AoE, Moderate DMG(Smashing), Minor DoT(Lethal), -Fly, Chance to Knockdown
You channel seismic energy into the earth, causing a micro-fault to erupt under your target. This causes a shard of rock to thrust upward out of the ground, dealing smashing damage. The force of the eruption also hits players with shards of rock, causing bleeding, can knock flying targets out of the sky, and knockback enemies.

All the other Dominator APPs include a ranged AoE. So this is Earth's.

#5 Foothold - Your connection to the earth makes you slightly resistant to physical damage, and provides Immobilize and Knockback protection when you are on the ground. This power is always on and costs no endurance.

This is an auto power, combining Stone Skin (somewhere between 5% and 10% resist to S/L) with some aspects of Grounded from Electric Armor. Earth Assault in particular is a melee-heavy dominator secondary, and while it would require a significant power investment in the APP, it might be worth it for doms that are in the thick of it, especially if they aren't built for perma-dom (not going to discuss the merits of that choice... having tasted greatness perma-dom my plan for all my dominators). I know I'd take it on my Earth/Earth dom.

This wouldn't be the only mez resist option in a dominator APP (Psionic Master provides Indomitable Will), but it trades high psionic defense for minor S/L resist and while it's an auto power, it provides no protection for "harder" control effects like hold and disorient.

So those are my thoughts. Curious to hear what others think.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like it. A few other ideas:

Basalt Bomb (from the Igneous)  https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=igneous.magmites_lt_boss.basalt_bomb&at=dominator

Not sure if it's possible to modify the eminators to buff allies instead of DE, but other Dominator epic sets have team buffs. Obviously these would need to be toned down.

Cairn (from Devouring Earth) https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=devouringearth_cairn

Quartz (from Devouring Earth) https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=devouringearth_quartz

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Hang tight until next page’s beta patch notes, the new earth stuff might provide more options for this 🙂

I did see some stuffed teased that looked like maybe some kind of earth support set. I'm looking forward to it!

4 hours ago, Uun said:

I like it. A few other ideas:

Basalt Bomb (from the Igneous)  https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=igneous.magmites_lt_boss.basalt_bomb&at=dominator

Not sure if it's possible to modify the eminators to buff allies instead of DE, but other Dominator epic sets have team buffs. Obviously these would need to be toned down.

Cairn (from Devouring Earth) https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=devouringearth_cairn

Quartz (from Devouring Earth) https://cod.uberguy.net/html/entity.html?entity=devouringearth_quartz

Ooh, dropping a DE eminator is a cool idea too!