Improving the Umbra Beast

drdread

I just got my Dark/Time controller to 50. This is my 4th controller I got to 50, and my 13th level 50 character overall. One thing has irked me, however, and that is the Umbra Beast. This isn't going to be a complaint about it's damage output or its power set. This is mostly a convenience problem with this pet (and may also apply to other controller pets).

So here are some issues I have:

1. I get stuck and jammed a lot. Especially in the caverns and small offices, The Beast is huge and I can't move through it. I often have to dismiss it and re-summon it several times in a mission because it is blocking my path. If it's made of shadow, why can't I move through it? This is a common problem with controller pets.
  2. The howling. It seems like the loudest sfx in the game. Okay, I get it, ENOUGH. Geez!
  3. The thrill of the chase. I often have to dismiss and re-summon it on outside maps. Otherwise, as I scout ahead, it'll come running while dragging every baddie on the map to ambush me. If it could fly, that would be great.

Any points from the community? Agree / Disagree?

• Like 2

It's a controller pet. They all are like that. 

• Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter