Choke off ragdolling

srmalloy

Something I've noticed with defeated mobs is that they seem to, with a disturbing frequency, continue to ragdoll while lying on the ground, sometimes so much that they continue to ragdoll 'until the police transporter picks them up' (i.e., the body fades away). In many cases, this creates some disturbing visuals -- I've watched an Outcast lying on the ground do two complete 360° rotations of his upper body, and often see mobs' bodies folding up like a jacknife. Is it possible to put a timer on the ragdoll effect so that, once a mob's body hits the ground, it ceases to ragdoll after a second or two?

Edited by srmalloy
missing character
  • Haha 1

Hard pass, because watching a Tank Swiper corpse doing the Worm is too hysterical to get rid of. Same with the Council Intern. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

Put me down for yes/no. For every time a foe ragdolling around is amusing, there are times it's more disturbing. Something cartoonish like a Freak Tank or MechMan can be hilarious. As you go up the scale of realism, not so much. The very realistic foe toons, especially the females, thrashing around, can be downright disturbing.

If there's any easy way to limit post-defeat motion to a few seconds, I think I'd be in favor of it.

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

Without looking at the code, I'd guess that the ragdolling was a client-side function; if so, and limiting it could be done easily, then a "limit ragdolling" toggle could be dropped into the game options, so the people who want to see whole-body Linda Blair ripoffs can keep seeing them, while the ones who don't can dial it back.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cancrusher said:

Yeah, they frequently get twisted into pretzels and even more gruesome shapes.  It just always seemed realistic to me.  What else can you expect when a SS Brute hits a Skull with Haymaker?  😁

Theres a Nemesis tip mish 45-50 Vigilante in which u fight ur dopplegänger, its always funny to me how my char could be moved by Ragdoll physics. Its a natural Source of Screenshots^^

• Haha 1

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server