Looking for feedback: I Hate Christmas Music (arc id 44913)

Police Woman

I Hate Christmas Music (arc id 44913)

Villainous.  Solo Friendly, Comedy: level 30-34, 3 missions

'Tis the season for Christmas music - but that's simply the worst when you're a Troll Raver like the Boogie Man. Help the Boogie Man put an end to the scourge that is Christmas music and replace it with something with a more danceable beat. (SFMA)

-

I'd welcome any feedback on how to make this arc better, more fun, more funny, or anything else!  Thanks!

Edited by Police Woman
Explicitly mention this is a Villainous arc

Okay a little blow-by-blow:

Capitalize song title All I Want for Christmas.

Nice use of name and archetype, for I am badass.:-)

Info on guard says city of villains. Is it intended for vills? Can’t remember.

Nice use of “loudspeakers.

Heh…mall Santa…

Ha. A Creyphone.:-)

Nice–brought in RFO.

Took out Shockstorm easy peazy.

Ah–right, since it is RFO it must be villianish. Gotcha

jWPUmrwxqlBa-tyyYspfk1FMWyJ52hH-hUiV4w7tQ_GQaS1ag0Psocm6I1s9FUm4MX0lnKTgUu1D6GBMeRSQeMpHB7heEQB2oa5hCKmdb-NvX8Ai78LLTuh2FL-CVUrEg9ps0Q8T

Sorry Georgie. No soup for you!

CEEdfiIUPHG5wWQbh580hcCJHvKCBgVesEBnXF8VdXx4NAVtRNeL14n8fVBpjQ78FXLAd_97m5BO-opNVkL5-qqL74kS9-Rsv_I6cGURJjPfGFUkJ01g2K-Ga_fWtwG3rl-5p8au

All I want is bulllets...up my-HEY!

Verdict: It's a nice, clean, straightforward arc. Clean spawns. Interesting maps. Novel use of singing "loudspeaker." And RAAADIOOOOO FREEEE NOXIOUS MUSIC!

Looks good to me, Kemosabe. I enjoyed it. Good luck in the contest!

Best,

Crane

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Thanks for the feedback 🙂 I'll edit the OP to explicitly state that destroying Christmas music is a villainous arc.  (I know, arguably it could be a net good for the world, but we must live under society's strict interpretation of morality!)  Which use of "All I want for Christmas" did you think needed capitalization?

Also, that SNIPER SHOT screenshot is amazing.

Edited by Police Woman
  • Like 1

The first time the song is mentioned by Boogie Man.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

6 hours ago, cranebump said:

CEEdfiIUPHG5wWQbh580hcCJHvKCBgVesEBnXF8VdXx4NAVtRNeL14n8fVBpjQ78FXLAd_97m5BO-opNVkL5-qqL74kS9-Rsv_I6cGURJjPfGFUkJ01g2K-Ga_fWtwG3rl-5p8au

This is indeed the true meaning of Christmas, I feel the holiday season creeping over my cold heart just looking at it.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Thanks for taking the time to make this!

I ran this with a War Mace / Shield Scrapper at +2 X 8.

Mission 1: I had never seen this map before so that was really neat! At 2X8 it looked a little silly with all the security guards crammed in there. I think they outnumbered shoppers 200 to 1! I thought it was clever using the Red Caps look for Santa and his helpers. If I could suggest one thing it would be to add some more shoppers from around Paragon City. This mission actually made me think about what a Skyway City shopping mall would look like. Maybe there's a Hellion in there trying to find the right gift for his Girlfriend from Hell. Of course, those details might have been in there and I missed them because I was busy punching thousands of security guards.

Mission 2: I genuinely chuckled when the speaker started playing Christmas music as I was punching it. Very nice touch!

Mission 3: As I was going in I was expecting the Fashion Show map so I was happy I got it. I would recommend changing Mariah Christmas' costume to stand out more from her backup dancers. It was hard to pick her out when the mob was that big. Michael really stood out in black. The quadruple stacked sonic shields (Michael and his 3 boss friends) turned my war mace into a wet noodle. I had to disperse them and take them out 1 by 1. Poor Boogie Man got wasted pretty quickly after I rescued him. I hope he's down there in hell dancing his ass off to Christmas music.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, dtjunkie said:

Mission 1: If I could suggest one thing it would be to add some more shoppers from around Paragon City. This mission actually made me think about what a Skyway City shopping mall would look like. Maybe there's a Hellion in there trying to find the right gift for his Girlfriend from Hell.

Mission 3:  I would recommend changing Mariah Christmas' costume to stand out more from her backup dancers. It was hard to pick her out when the mob was that big. Michael really stood out in black.

I love the idea of having more shoppers from around Paragon City.  I went ahead and added more shoppers and salespeople that belonged to various villain factions, including a Hellion looking for a gift for his girlfriend. 🙂

I agree that Mariah Christmas looked too similar to the backup dancers.  I tried to fix this by making her noticeably taller than the backup dancers, and also giving her a bright white glowing aura to make her stand out.

Thanks very much for the suggestions!