Stone armor general thoughts

Rufanatic

Is it possible to make a Stone Tanker that is still very strong outside of Granite? I want to go Stone Tanker but have only seen a couple while grouping and they stay in Granite, and I just want to know if not using Granite would be viable (Still having it obviously but more a luxury than anything.  :o

Generally speaking, the reason you pick Stone Armor is precisely because of Granite Armor.  Stone doesn't really excel outside of that, except maybe with Psionic defense with Crystals.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.

I often wonder about Stone as I never see it anymore. Before IOs it was the "only tank that could do X" for a number of things in the game. Now it seems almost anyone can, with enough INF trick out a nearly unkillable tank with any set. Just takes time and money to work it out. Seems to have left Stone behind, so to speak.

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

Generally speaking, the reason you pick Stone Armor is precisely because of Granite Armor.  Stone doesn't really excel outside of that, except maybe with Psionic defense with Crystals.

Yeah, until Willpower came out and Dark Armor was shifted over, Stone was the only Tanker Armor for anti-Psionic.  Combine that with Granite and Rooted, and you have a very strong and diverse, if incredibly slow, Armor set.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Yeah, until Willpower came out and Dark Armor was shifted over, Stone was the only Tanker Armor for anti-Psionic.  Combine that with Granite and Rooted, and you have a very strong and diverse, if incredibly slow, Armor set.

It's actually kind of funny since psionic damage has been a problem since day one, but the answer was inside of us all along.

If someone was so inclined they could make the argument that it might still be preferable owing to being a high value (cf. Willpower) of defense (cf. Dark Armor), because psionic has -recharge as a secondary effect, and even if you take a fraction of the normal damage that effect is still hitting you.  Though if you've taken the set that has Granite Armor you probably aren't overly concerned with slowed-down recharge times on your powers.

As a Scrapper main I eat a steady diet of crayons and glue to keep my wits sharp and my reflexes honed.