Crystal Armor on Stalker

redxathena

Not sure if this happens on other ATs or if it is purposeful. 
My Stalker’s Crystal Armor has a sound that’s five tones repeating over and over as long as the power is active. It’s quite grating and I have to turn my game sound off to avoid it any time I’m on that character. 
I would love an option, maybe where you customize the colors and looks of powers, to turn that off, or to just have it changed to doing the noise once when you activate the armor. 
thanks!

• Like 1

I play mostly on xl, a bit on Everlasting, but generally too much.

My "main"/badger is Dio, the ice/ice sent. I form and join lots of PUGs 😊

*Right now,* there's not a way to do sound customization in game - and there are several sounds varioud people can't stand or would like changed.

However, check in the tools/utilities/downloads section - it may need updating, but I believe someone was compiling a list of sounds, and there should be some instructions on how to silence them. Yes, it's a little bit of a hack, but it's a "sort of supported" one (well, not the sort that would get you in any sort of hot water) that can be used as a workaround.

(And yes, eventually I'd love to see sound customization. I'd like to find a set of files to make Sonic blast not sound like "hey, we found these random sound files" and get sets of male/female/electronic/other sounds, for instance.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:48 AM, Greycat said:

*Right now,* there's not a way to do sound customization in game - and there are several sounds varioud people can't stand or would like changed.

However, check in the tools/utilities/downloads section - it may need updating, but I believe someone was compiling a list of sounds, and there should be some instructions on how to silence them. Yes, it's a little bit of a hack, but it's a "sort of supported" one (well, not the sort that would get you in any sort of hot water) that can be used as a workaround.

(And yes, eventually I'd love to see sound customization. I'd like to find a set of files to make Sonic blast not sound like "hey, we found these random sound files" and get sets of male/female/electronic/other sounds, for instance.)

I’m not sure which sounds they replace them with, but I think I saw a mod for specifically the sonic power sounds in the CoH Modder application so maybe they’ll have what you’re looking for 🙂

I play mostly on xl, a bit on Everlasting, but generally too much.

My "main"/badger is Dio, the ice/ice sent. I form and join lots of PUGs 😊