AE tickets

Ukase

Briefly: 
There are two "Pain Points" here: the AE ticket cap and the exchange rate of Incarnate threads to AE Tickets. 

Below is just my perspective. 
So, it's nothing really new, is it? Folks complaining that after they've made the t-4's they've wanted, they have surplus threads and wonder what to do with them
Recently, an incarnate thread to AE ticket conversion is allowed. 

Seriously? a 1 to 1 exchange rate? 

Consider this: rare salvage has a max price of 1 million, but generally goes for at the cheapest, maybe 375k for a patient bidder, up to, well, 700k, if not a million. 

One can get specific rare salvage from AE with tickets for 540 tickets. So....that'd be 540 threads for a rare salvage. 

But, if I visit Luna, I can get Ultimates, which generally sell for 500k to 1 million at a cost of 30 threads. Even better, the super reds cost only 10 inf. Before these super insps were disabled in Master runs, they'd sell for 1 million, but sometimes a patient bidder could get them for 300-500k. Even at the price of 100k, that's 4.86M inf, less fees. I can buy a lot more incarnate salvage with 4.86M inf than I can with 540 tickets. It's the same math for reward rolls. 

Isn't the idea of the conversion supposed to make it a decent conversion so folks will use it? 

So, perhaps raise the thread cost of the inspirations to be in line with the AE conversion, or lower the conversion rate with the AE tickets. 

OR - even better, take off that silly ticket cap off AE missions. It literally takes me only about 30 seconds to get to the ticket cap, where I get the bonus and any other tickets that would be earned are not, because I'm at the cap.  Maybe a minute if I'm distracted.  Take the cap off, and then I can earn a lot more tickets without having to stop a mission early and reset. 

The thread to ticket rate is terrible even if i dont plan to use it.  

The ticket cap i believe was in place to deter farming them back on the retail servers,  in addidion to many of the other anti-farming things that the original game devs did.  AE wasnt even supposed to give any xp.

Many of those actions are behind us now and im not sure the ticket cap per mission was ever considered.  If its still in place for some reason then i guess thats fine.  But if its a relic of the past that has been overlooked and negatively imbalanced then perhaps its time to consider its adjustment or removal.

I agree that the per map cap on tickets is set way too low and should be adjusted up.

However, I consider conversions a built in cap -- an escape valve for a run of bad luck -- but not a suggested value (MSRP) or actual retail price.  Most of the game's exchange rates are pretty bad.

• Like 1