Looking for your best Savage Melee/Super Reflexes builds!

irishhawk

• 3 weeks later

Hello there!

You might find more success with build feedback with a few extra bits of information:

• The current build you are using/working on.
  • Your goals with this build. (Be immortal, max damage at all costs, beefy psi Res, travel type, etc)
  • General budget (infinite money, lotsa money, frugal, etc).

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Here is a first effort at a build following these priorities.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Technology Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Super Reflexes
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Savage Strike -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(7)
Level 1: Focused Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 2: Shred -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(25), DS:DSyncDamEnd(29), Erd-%Dam(31), TchofLadG-%Dam(34), Obl-%Dam(36)
Level 4: Focused Senses -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(23), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(25), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 6: Agile -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def(11)
Level 8: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Practiced Brawler -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Vicious Slash -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Hct-Acc/Rchg(13), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Hct-Dam%(15), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(17)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 16: Dodge -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(17), Rct-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(19), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Arm-Acc/Rchg(21), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(21)
Level 20: Quickness -- Run-I(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(27), HO:Ribo(27)
Level 28: Lucky -- RedFrt-Def(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(31), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(31), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), Erd-%Dam(33), Obl-%Dam(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Evasion -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(36), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-Def(40), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(43), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 44: Moonbeam -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), StnoftheM-Dam%(45), CldSns-%Dam(46), Apc-Dam%(46)
Level 47: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 49: Shadow Meld -- TN:CitShard(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(7), Prv-Absorb%(9), Prv-Heal(9), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), PwrTrns-+Heal(46)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy 
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 47: Double Jump 
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------

This build focuses on moderate recharge (only 7 sec shy of perma-hasten), heavy defense and S/L resist, with proccy damage bombs where appropriate.

All positionals are 47+, with Melee at 50. I also hate recharge/speed debuffs - this build is completely immune to them. It achieves massive accuracy bonuses as a side-effect. This isn't really by design, but a happy bonus, and allows me to proc out Shred more aggressively. Between this and tactics, you will not have any trouble hitting!

A few things worth noting:

• Savage Leap is an amazing proc bomb power. Base damage enhancement may not be quite maxed here, but SL takes better to proc damage overall. This also gives you more headroom for buffs.
  • Savage leap is also a part of your single target attack chain - it does very worthy damage. Open with it where possible, as it will reliably apply the -res debuff from the fury proc. You will have some gaps in your attack chain at lower levels.
  • I heavily doubled down on resists with the full lotg sets. You could swap these for lotg+ 5 red fortune for more recharge focus.
  • The resists I pursued outside of S/L were Psi/toxic. There are certain attacks from these categories that are nonpositional, and would bypass defense (maybe they fixed updated this in a patch I missed - certainly is historically the case).
  • There really isn't a perfect place for the 50% crit ATO proc. Keep in mind this proc has a little over a 3 second duration buff. The idea is to use Savage Strike > Moonbeam > Savage Strike in the buff window.
  • Endurance management is so-so with the leadership toggles running. SR doesn't have any endurance tools, and I haven't picked any from the epic. If you find yourself sucking wind too much for your taste, keep in mind you can detoggle maneuvers for most content with no impact. You could also rework it for body mastery epic, or pick up Ageless if that's your cup of tea.

Shadow meld is an easy swap for whatever else you might want. The idea is to use it in incarnate content if you are lacking further buffs/debuffs, or when your defenses are being overwhelmed. You do have strong DDR, so probably won't be using it much if at all in regular content.

Another option would be to drop shadow meld, scavenge slots from the lotg sets, and grab Soul storm, slotting it out with a bit of acc/dam and tons of procs. This would synergize nicely with the good global recharge, and give you another really punchy single target power. You would lose some resist and the headroom of Shadow meld in the trade, of course.

There are many ways to further optimize to taste, but hopefully you find the foundation helpful! /SR is extremely flexible in slotting.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1

You know threads like this make me miss being able to fiddle in Mids almost more than actually getting in game.  I've done a ton of /SR but computer death has kept me from trying Savage yet.  But that last point by @Onlyasandwichis spot on.  SR is very flexible, there's no damage Aura or other powers in SR that need certain slotting or effect the primary to any great degree.  So you can basically use any SR set build as a template and what you have left for you can use for slotting everything else (primary, pools, Mastery etc.), if that makes sense.  You also don't need to slot sets for positional defense bonuses to soft cap, power choices get you there which frees you up to use sets to chase other things be it recharge, damage resistance or +max health/regeneration (or even chase the incarnate cap).

• Like 1