Demo Screenies

wei yau

During the hiatus, I learned how to manually edit demo files to create specific scenes with my characters posed just so.  Since Homecoming, however, I have lost that skill and I think the tools I used no longer work.   To make matters worse, the demo files and original screenies are on a hard drive that I can't quite access anymore.

Still, I've got a copies of a few of these images and wanted to share them here.  They are compressed and not as hi-res as the original screenshots, however.

This is the Army of the Dragon under the command of Tian Shang Lung, the Celestial Dragon.  She's the BIG BAD in my head canon and having an army befits her quite well.

I used the Romulus portion of the ITF map to stage the review of her army.  She is flanked by the Fallen Zodiac, her closest advisors and lieutenants.  Behind her is her personal guard, Terracotta Dragon Warriors.  Leading her army is the Dragon General and his Swordsmen.  The army itself is comprised of Soldiers, Pikemen, Archers and Axemen, supplemented by a cadre of Dragon Sorcerers.

Dragon Army 01.jpg

Dragon Army 02.jpg

Dragon Army 03.jpg

Dragon Army 04.jpg

Dragon Army 05.jpg

Dragon Army 06.jpg

Dragon Army 07.jpg

Dragon Army 08.jpg

Dragon Army 09.jpg

Dragon Army 10.jpg

Dragon Army 11.jpg

Edited by wei yau
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another fun thing I learned to do in demo editing was using FX features.  The sequence below looked good in demo playback with the Celestial Dragon hovering in the air and raising her hand as she cast her munificence upon her Army.  The FX would cascade through the assembled kneeling ranks, as each wave hit, the soldiers would rise and feel the power of the Dragon coursing through them.

This series of screenies is the best I have to try and illustrate this:

Dragon Army 12.jpg

Dragon Army 13.jpg

Dragon Army 14.jpg

Dragon Army 15.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can still demoedit!

You can find information on how to use Tequila to do playback and such here and if you go to https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page and search 'demo' it will bring up all the Demo Editing/recording/model names pages, some of the newer models are missing but you can find out their names by recording content with them in it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you ask nicely on the Discord there's a Demorecord player for the HC Launcher too.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

• 1 month later

I used demoedit to create something to show off all the Zodiac characters I have created.  My inspiration were the wraparound connected covers from the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.  I only got as far as making one for Rat characters and one for Ox characters.  I really should finish this, but will need to update some roster changes.

Also, loved that in Demoedit, I could create giant-size characters like Maxi Mouse below:

Zodiac Race 01a - Rat - names.jpg

Zodiac Race 02a - Ox - names.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2