Energy Primary Blaster with Devices or Energy Secondary?

Ricktastic79

Devices has more synergy.

You are giving up a slot for KB tax, One way you can recoup that slot is through damage procs, another way is to skimp on enhancing certain attributes. Targeting drone allows you to skimp a bit more on enhancing for Acc, and consequently helps out your chances to hit if you go the damage proc route as well.

There is also synergy in opening with energy torrent, rush in and drop a trip mine while they are getting back up and leaving melee range with an explosive blast as a going away present. 

You may find it a chore to have to chase enemies to hit with melee attacks in Energy Manipulation because you knocked it back with your single target attack, assuming you take the melee attacks. And if you didn't take the melee attacks, devices looks all the more attractive.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

1 hour ago, Ricktastic79 said:

I am going to do an Energy Blaster, and put KBTOKD in the AOE attacks.

I can't decide on the Secondary. I am thinking either Devices or Energy.

Thoughts?

I have an eng/eng and it is a lot of fun.

Don't bother with the knockback to knockdown you have better things to do with the slot.

Very easy to cap ranged def and S/L resists for a quite tanky blaster.

Boost range and Power boost from /eng very usefull.

Also Power thrust is just hilarious 🙂

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Energy Blast
Secondary Power Set: Energy Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Power Blast -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(9)
Level 1: Power Thrust -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Energy Torrent -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(9), Artl-Dam/Rech(11), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(11), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(13), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(13)
Level 4: Energy Punch -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(15), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), Mk'Bit-Dam%(19)
Level 6: Power Burst -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23)
Level 8: Fly -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Bone Smasher -- Mk'Bit-Dam%(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(25), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(27), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 12: Sniper Blast -- ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(29), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(31), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(31), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(31), ExcCnt-Stun%(33)
Level 14: Build Up -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Energize -- Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(40), Prv-Heal(46), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(50), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 18: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 20: Combat Jumping -- Krm-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 24: Stun -- Acc-I(A)
Level 26: Explosive Blast -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(33), Artl-Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(34), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(34), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(36)
Level 28: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 30: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 32: Nova -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 35: Boost Range -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Total Focus -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(39), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(42), UnbGrd-ResDam(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 44: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 47: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 49: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), PwrTrns-EndMod(3), PwrTrns-+Heal(3)
Level 49: Quick Form
Level 8: Afterburner
------------

Edited by Chelsea Rorec
  • Thanks 1