Perma Log-in?

DarionLeonidas

A player on Excelsior has been in Orobouros for days, now (that I know of).
Hasn't moved, doesn't answer tells, and you can walk right through him.
Is there no longer an auto-logout?

Also, he's in a cool pose I can't seem to find the emote for; basically "superhero landing" (which doesn't work as an emote, I've tried 馃檪 )
Is this a bug or a feature?

Or, is the player okay? I'd hate to think we lost somebody and it's a tribute.聽 馃槥

Edited by DarionLeonidas
Added text

Had to look; I think he's still here. Aceaer? Big demon brute Sentinel?

He's, uh, sitting in Rest mode. Not hard to duplicate. 馃檪

That he shows no AFK bubble might be due to Rest(?) I didn't know Ouro was no-logout, though.

Somewhere, a laptop sits quietly...

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:聽 GABS Bindfile聽 路聽 WindowScaler聽 路聽 Teleport Guide聽 路聽 and City of Zeroes聽 all at聽 www.Shenanigunner.com

It鈥檚 not Ouro the zone, it鈥檚 being on a Ouro mission. 聽That puts you聽into Task Force mode which disables automatically going afk at all. The only time you鈥檇 see an afk bubble聽on someone on a task force is by manually setting it.

Edited by Honorbridge
  • Thanks 1

I guess it's neither here nor there since server performance is rarely an issue, but the Guy Fleegman in the back of my head keeps saying, "Oh, that's not right!"

• Haha 2

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:聽 GABS Bindfile聽 路聽 WindowScaler聽 路聽 Teleport Guide聽 路聽 and City of Zeroes聽 all at聽 www.Shenanigunner.com

Im only aware of it being against the rules if the shard has 1500 accounts logged in.聽 Then multibox accounts need to be logged off.聽 Assuming of course that a player is using multiple accounts to begin with in order to leave one sitting around all the time.

I vaguely recall there being an Anti-AFK-bypass rule when Homecoming first started, but I can't seem to find it any longer.

With the use of Task-locked AFK billboard characters on Everlasting for various clubs and events, and given our player population hasn't returned to those same numbers from the early days, I think it's plenty fine as-is for now.

Mayhaps if the Devs added a dedicated in-game billboard message system then it -might- be worthwhile re-examining the AFK bypass regulations.

So I guess I am missing something here.

What's the point? Especially if the alt is inert and not responding to tells etc.?

17 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

What's the point? Especially if the alt is inert and not responding to tells etc.?

Well, I could understand doing it in Pocket D, since there's a badge for spending a certain amount of time there.聽 But this guy's in Ouro.

It'd almost make sense for day jobs, but you have to be聽offline聽to get those, IIRC, since they're based on earning Patrol XP.

The only reason I can think of is that they've got a really hard-to-type password and just leaves the toon logged in rather than play it.聽 Or it's not deliberate; I know I've accidentally left games running on my Switch without properly shutting them down on occasion.聽 I just hope they're okay.

6 hours ago, Nerva said:

Well, I could understand doing it in Pocket D, since there's a badge for spending a certain amount of time there.

One hour. You can do it on a lunch break.

6 hours ago, Nerva said:

It'd almost make sense for day jobs, but you have to be聽offline聽to get those, IIRC, since they're based on earning Patrol XP.

Leave a toon parked in a Day Job location every end-of-session for about a week; as you note, it has to be logged off.

6 hours ago, Nerva said:

The only reason I can think of is that they've got a really hard-to-type password and just leaves the toon logged in rather than play it.

Excuse me, my eyes just rolled away. Right back. (Not your suggestion, just that there might be players who think this way.)

6 hours ago, Nerva said:

Or it's not deliberate; I know I've accidentally left games running on my Switch without properly shutting them down on occasion.聽 I just hope they're okay.

This alt is apparently known for doing this, on a continual basis. There are vague allusions to SG promotion and recruiting above, but the game has a perfectly serviceable (if clumsy) email system for that, and also noted above is that this instance seems to be completely inert.

Not sure any 50+ could just Rest and walk away for days without noticing the game is still active. And others suggest there are deliberate reasons for doing this, hence again my question: What's the point?

He has more than 1 account.聽 I cant say for sure now but he did monitor that one while he was playing on torch and send tells.聽 聽Their chat channel was 'sovereign' it probably still is and i think you can join the channel without an invite.聽 When i was new and settled on a powerset and made a mids build he gave me inf to fund the build.聽 They left torch for the higher population excel but i stayed behind with my other friends.