What are the top three powers in /Atomic again?

Generator

Hey,

I'd check in-game or Pine but I'm on my phone slacking off at work.  :)  I'm trying to remember, what are the tier 7/8/9 powers of Atomic Manipulation?

Tier 7 is Atom Smasher, right?  I have a Rad Brute, so I know the basics here, PBAOE damage, chance of stun, all that jazz (Atom Smasher doesn't play the positive/Negative charge game, right?).

IIRC, Tier 8 is the Choking Cloud knockoff, which I think was changed to a clickie?  If I took that I was gonna go 2*Rchg/2*Hold and call it done.

Tier 9 is what, another melee attack I think, that unlike Atom Smasher, is part of the whole negative/positive thing.  What's the word on that, is it a decent attack?

If anyone can just confirm or correct my ramblings, that would be a big help.  Thanks!

Generator.

I am currently playing a Water/Atomic right now. He's at 35 and it's amazeballs. So much fun. Fantastic survivability but you have to play in the middle of the crowd like a Kin defender would in order to get the benefits of the recharge, regen etc. If you like to hang back then Atomic isn't for you.

A bunch of toons. Global DocRanger

All on Excelsior. 

That's interesting, Ice_Warden.  I've actually been thinking of ditching Electron Haze from my build because of precisely that.  I'll still have Neutron Bomb and Irradiate, and this way I won't have one AOE knocking stuff out of the way of everything else I'm trying to do.  (Sudden Acceleration KB > KD piece notwithstanding.)

Yeah. In my /Rad defender builds I leave out Electron Haze for that specific reason. Tank/Brute herders hate KB. So I usually skip it entirely.

I have a Kin/Rad and a Emp/Rad Defender and neither have Electron Haze.

I imagine a Rad/Atom Blaster would be pretty sweet.

All on Excelsior. 

Well, there's a happy middle ground, where the Blaster limits the collateral damage of the KB, and the Tank grows a slightly thicker skin about the issue (I play both sides of that coin, depending on the night).

So far yes, Rad/Atomic is pretty great.  Mine's up to 25, and I just need to get a bit of a plan as to what I'm doing so I don't hobble myself.

When I made my blaster I skipped Rad as a choice primarily because I already had two defenders with rad blast so I wanted to try something new. Water has been really fun. Lot's of aoe.

All on Excelsior. 

• 4 weeks later

I am currently playing a Water/Atomic right now. He's at 35 and it's amazeballs. So much fun. Fantastic survivability but you have to play in the middle of the crowd like a Kin defender would in order to get the benefits of the recharge, regen etc. If you like to hang back then Atomic isn't for you.

Mine's at 48 and I love him! He is like a blaptroller. So much fun. I do have to watch out because sometimes I feel invincible in the middle of a crowd and I am suddenly reminded that I am still a squishie! 

On the flip side, I've found that water has so much AOE that I don't need the melee attacks from Atomic. I just sit above the battle and wipe out entire groups with a few buttons (and a lot of ranged defense). Atomic's self buff keeps me alive and full of Endurance and I love it.

Well, there's a happy middle ground, where the Blaster limits the collateral damage of the KB, and the Tank grows a slightly thicker skin about the issue (I play both sides of that coin, depending on the night).

The happy ground is just not sending mobs flying. Get knockback to knockdown if you need it. Otherwise it not only annoys the tanks and melee, but everyone else trying to do area damage as well.