How do I make mobs friendly?

Khrystina

If you set them as patrols you can set them as allies. If I recall correctly, you can also select the minions surrounding an Ally to be friendly as well. Don’t believe there’s any way to make the inherent mobs all friendly. But if you set mish to empty, then use patrols .or allies, that should allow you to create groups that won’t attack the player. 

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

In addition to the above suggestions, you can also set a boss and it's surrounding minions to friendly as well.  Just be sure you do not set them as being "required" objectives to complete -- even though you do not get flagged in creator, the player has no way to actually complete objective with a "friendly" boss and minion group.

You can fill the entire map with friendlies like this.  Just look at the map allotment for front, middle, and back and fill it up, less your actual objectives you want the player to do.

Be careful with friendly patrols as they will fight with static enemies that you may have in the mission -- unless that is what you want them to do, of course.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

Also, if memory serves, defendable objects can be surrounded by friendlies. The map and the attacking mob (if thats an option) must be set to empty.

This could mean SWAT vans surrounded by police with SWAT shields, or cargo trucks with people carrying crates, or mainframes with lab techs with clipboards - some nice window dressing options...

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc