Stuck under stairs when done editing base

kwsapphire

Whenever I finish editing my base, I am teleported back to the entrance room of my base. Unfortunately I'm dropped into the northeast corner of the room, which is also occupied by very large roman stairs. So when I'm ported to that room, I get ported to under the stairs, and have to use /stuck to get out from under them.

Note: the entrance portal is not in this room, it's in another room. No issues when I enter base, just when I finish editing. 

I understand that I will always be TPed back to the entrance when done, that's okay. But can I change WHERE in that room I spawn, so I don't get stuck in the geometry every time?

Edited by kwsapphire
typo

Coloden.png

IIRC, when you're done editing, you're TP'd to the default placement of the entrance portal. Now, if you moved the portal to another room, then you still get TP'd to where it used to be. This has happened to me as well. And even when TP-ing to base after dying, I end up half in the floor even though I didn't raise the floor or lowered the medical thingy. I just use /stuck to get out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've discovered that if I'm already in the entrance room when I finish base editing, it leaves me where I am, and doesn't TP me to the corner under the stairs. So I guess the solution is to always go to the entrance room when I am done editing, before /editbase 0. 🙂

Coloden.png

10 hours ago, Captain Valiant said:

I assume that moving the stairs you're constantly stuck under is out of the question.

I'd have to move the entrance room and have it connect to the main room somewhere else, which would stink since I just rearranged the whole base to accommodate the south-facing entrance. I didn't know you can't control what way you face when you enter. I didn't know I'd also have to accommodate keeping that specific corner of the entrance room clear. 😕

Coloden.png