Need help Seismic/Plant Build

Everwind

Not happy with this build as ranged defense and S/L def or resistance is sub par.  Perhaps the power sets just don't jive but could use help.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Archfey: Level 49 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Seismic Blast
Secondary Power Set: Plant Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Encase -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), TchofLadG-%Dam(5), GldJvl-Dam%(21), Apc-Dam%(31)
Level 1: Entangle -- TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(A)
Level 2: Rock Shards -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(5), Artl-Dam/Rech(21), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(37), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37)
Level 4: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(7), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(7)
Level 6: Entomb -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(17), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(17)
Level 8: Strangler -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(13), Lck-%Hold(13), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(23), NrnSht-Dam%(23), GldNet-Dam%(31)
Level 10: Hasten -- RechRdx(A), RechRdx(11)
Level 12: Upthrust -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(31)
Level 14: Seismic Force -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 18: Tombstone -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(46)
Level 20: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(27), UnbGrd-Max HP%(42), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(47), UnbGrd-ResDam(48)
Level 22: Weave -- Rct-Def/EndRdx(A), Rct-Def(29), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-Def/Rchg(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(49)
Level 24: Wild Fortress -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-Psi/Status(47)
Level 26: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 28: Ripper -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(39), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(40), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(43), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 30: Spore Cloud -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(A), DarWtcDsp-Slow%(48)
Level 32: Meteor -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(36)
Level 35: Vines -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(40), SprEnt-End/Rchg(40), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(45), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(45), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(45)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(42), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Stalagmite -- RzzDzz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(19), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(19)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(33)
Level 1: Seismic Shockwaves 
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:

• 16% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 16% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 9.13% Defense(Melee)
  • 7.56% Defense(Smashing)
  • 7.56% Defense(Lethal)
  • 23.5% Defense(Fire)
  • 23.5% Defense(Cold)
  • 31.94% Defense(Energy)
  • 31.94% Defense(Negative)
  • 6% Defense(Psionic)
  • 25.06% Defense(Ranged)
  • 18.5% Defense(AoE)
  • 3.6% Max End
  • 6.25% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
  • +24% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • +10% Enhancement(Range)
  • +2.5% Enhancement(Held)
  • +51.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 15% SpeedFlying
  • 185.2 HP (15.37%) HitPoints
  • 15% JumpHeight
  • 15% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -4)
  • Knockup (Mag -4)
  • MezResist(Confused) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 46.25%
  • MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
  • 14% (0.23 End/sec) Recovery
  • 30% (1.51 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 45% ResEffect(SpeedFlying)
  • 45% ResEffect(RechargeTime)
  • 45% ResEffect(SpeedRunning)
  • 12.5% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 29% Resistance(Fire)
  • 29% Resistance(Cold)
  • 10.25% Resistance(Energy)
  • 10.25% Resistance(Negative)
  • 8% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 13% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 12.5% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 15% SpeedRunning

Edited by Everwind

• 9 months later
  • 1 year later

I wish I could offer a more specific set of recommendations for improving defenses on a Seismic/Plant blaster. I don't have that specific build, but I want to note that my Seismic/ and /Plant Blasters also have pretty bad positional defenses (solo). Here are some of the tricks I use:

• The 2x Globals that give +3% Defense
  • 6x Reactive Defenses in Maneuvers (especially for the Scaling Damage Resistance) Builds don't need all 6, but I like the balance of Defense and Endurance Reduction with set bonus
  • 3 slots of Blessing of the Zephyr in a travel power. Zone Travel is a quality-of-life issue,
  • An Epic power that allows me to slot 4x Unbreakable Guard (including the +MaxHP piece)
  • I almost always 6-slot one of the ATO (typically Defiant Barrage) and then two 3-slot the other ATO. 6-Slotting both is better for positional defenses; I typically split Blaster's Wrath for global Accuracy and Range bonuses.

I tune up (i.e. power selection, slot allocation, enhancement choices) different blasters differently, but I keep an eye on weighing the trade-offs between the potential 5- and 6-slot bonuses between Winter, ATO, PVP and Verr Rare enhancements. It is often the 6th piece in one of these "top tier" enhancement sets that brings a noticeable improvement in Defense values. Two of the more budget-friendly sets that fit with most Blaster builds are Annihilation (Ranged AoE) and Thunderstrike (Single-target Range), I find each of them offers a useful suite of good global bonuses for most characters.

2 hours ago, tidge said:

I wish I could offer a more specific set of recommendations for improving defenses on a Seismic/Plant blaster. I don't have that specific build, but I want to note that my Seismic/ and /Plant Blasters also have pretty bad positional defenses (solo). Here are some of the tricks I use:

• The 2x Globals that give +3% Defense
  • 6x Reactive Defenses in Maneuvers (especially for the Scaling Damage Resistance) Builds don't need all 6, but I like the balance of Defense and Endurance Reduction with set bonus
  • 3 slots of Blessing of the Zephyr in a travel power. Zone Travel is a quality-of-life issue,
  • An Epic power that allows me to slot 4x Unbreakable Guard (including the +MaxHP piece)
  • I almost always 6-slot one of the ATO (typically Defiant Barrage) and then two 3-slot the other ATO. 6-Slotting both is better for positional defenses; I typically split Blaster's Wrath for global Accuracy and Range bonuses.

I tune up (i.e. power selection, slot allocation, enhancement choices) different blasters differently, but I keep an eye on weighing the trade-offs between the potential 5- and 6-slot bonuses between Winter, ATO, PVP and Verr Rare enhancements. It is often the 6th piece in one of these "top tier" enhancement sets that brings a noticeable improvement in Defense values. Two of the more budget-friendly sets that fit with most Blaster builds are Annihilation (Ranged AoE) and Thunderstrike (Single-target Range), I find each of them offers a useful suite of good global bonuses for most characters.

I believe it's Artillery with Ranged defence, from memory. 

1 hour ago, Psiphon said:

I believe it's Artillery with Ranged defence, from memory. 

Annihilation is AoE of course. I never slot Artillery, just because I like the Annihilation set bonuses 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

This is my take on it. Take what you will and throw away what you don't. I'm by no means a guru, I just know a lot of the De-buffs have a "Ranged" tag on them and a lot of the powers have a "Ranged" tag on them so it helps me on my blaster to have ranged def over everything else and I'm sure someone with better understanding can tweak this a little.

Blaster (Seismic Blast - Plant Manipulation).mbd

On 4/19/2024 at 12:19 AM, lemming said:

No real help with your goal, but my Meteor is six slotted with Force Feedback for max KB.  (well, not quite max, but > 45 mag with empowerment station help...)

Ah, planning to go bowling with Hellions in Atlas Park, I see.  😺