Minor mission setting bug I noticed with 5th Column

KaizenSoze

If you are soloing a mission and have bosses set to no. Meaning no bosses should spawn in the mission.

When 5th column boss that is downgraded to a lt transforms into a werewolf. It spawns as a werewolf boss.

Simple version, werewolf transformations are not respecting the no bosses mission setting when soloing.

That has actually been happening since Live. The restriction keeps bosses spawning upon map load as lieutenants. So that part works. However, lycanthrope bosses are still bosses, just forced into being lieutenants because of a toggle. So when the transformation happens, the boss, downgraded though he may be, is still a boss spawning a replacement boss. And the toggle does not affect new spawns. It's just something most solo players that don't willingly fight bosses have learned to watch for and fight through.

2 hours ago, Rudra said:

That has actually been happening since Live. The restriction keeps bosses spawning upon map load as lieutenants. So that part works. However, lycanthrope bosses are still bosses, just forced into being lieutenants because of a toggle. So when the transformation happens, the boss, downgraded though he may be, is still a boss spawning a replacement boss. And the toggle does not affect new spawns. It's just something most solo players that don't willingly fight bosses have learned to watch for and fight through.

I figured it was an existing bug. Also, happens with Malta bots combining into mega bot.

I like to report them just in case the devs go... Oh that's interesting.

This is also not exclusive to Column and Council.  Any other mob that can turn into a boss will do so regardless of mission settings.  So Red Caps, Zeus Titans formed from two hercs, Apparitions merging or breaking from their boss-tier host, etc, will all spawn bosses no matter what.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The werewolf spawn bug was fixed at one point.  And I know it was working correctly not very long ago, because I ran some Council and 5th Column arcs within the last few months and all of the wolves spawned from lieutenants were lieutenants.  That's something I pay special attention to, since leveling my TA/A defender to 50 prior to I7 and having surprise bosses stomp the ever-loving shit out of me repeatedly (TA and Archery were in a very, very bad place between I5 and I7).

Has to be something they borked in Page 3.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.