Travel Power Variation

mankar89

Hi there. I know I submitted this before, but, as they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil, right? 🙂 I think it would be cool to add some spice to the travel power effects. Like, for the flight power, it would be cool to have the flight pose emotes be selectable in the creator to have them used all the time without typing them in.

And for teleportation, I think it would be cool to have various effects that can be used. There are numerous effects in the game that can be used. Like, the cast costume change emote, to teleport in a burst of smoke and sparkles, the evil laugh costume change too, to teleport in a burst of fire. Just different ones for different types of heroes.

For Super Speed, it would be cool to have more than just the basic light effect for it. Like, adding a streak effect, a warp effect or something like that. Just food for thought. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

A very bootleg workaround is to have a separate costume for the travel path aura set to "only while moving" and then switch costumes when you're done moving.

But. Ya know. That's dumb as hell. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

1 hour ago, aethereal said:

A setting on the path auras that was "when travel power is active" like we have for the beast run/ninja run/slide stances would be cool.  Then you could have your streak with superspeed.

This, honestly. 

• Like 1

Tanking is only half the battle. The other half...

2 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

A very bootleg workaround is to have a separate costume for the travel path aura set to "only while moving" and then switch costumes when you're done moving.

But. Ya know. That's dumb as hell. 

He's talking about something completely different than this lol

For example, there are flight poses you can use while you're flying to... flypose like Superman with both arms stretched out or like a Green Lantern with one arm extended and the other sort of folded to the side. Yeah you can bind those to a button press, but then every time you fly you have to press it again... and if you stop flying for even just a second you have to hit the button you bound to the flypose. It's doable, but annoying.

Or with super speed, it has the bright yellow... whatever that thing is lol.... it can have custom colours, but you can't get rid of the burst thing. Yes, you can add in the other effects but that's not the same as swapping the original effect for a different effect.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LKN-351 said:

He's talking about something completely different than this lol

For example, there are flight poses you can use while you're flying to... flypose like Superman with both arms stretched out or like a Green Lantern with one arm extended and the other sort of folded to the side. Yeah you can bind those to a button press, but then every time you fly you have to press it again... and if you stop flying for even just a second you have to hit the button you bound to the flypose. It's doable, but annoying.

Or with super speed, it has the bright yellow... whatever that thing is lol.... it can have custom colours, but you can't get rid of the burst thing. Yes, you can add in the other effects but that's not the same as swapping the original effect for a different effect.

Yes. I know that. 

I was giving a bootleg semi-solution. Good Lord. 

• Like 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

16 hours ago, mankar89 said:

And for teleportation, I think it would be cool to have various effects that can be used. There are numerous effects in the game that can be used. Like, the cast costume change emote, to teleport in a burst of smoke and sparkles, the evil laugh costume change too, to teleport in a burst of fire. Just different ones for different types of heroes.

God, PLEASE. I love teleportation, but think PCs have the lamest and most annoying Teleport FX. There's a ton of cool graphics that NPCs get, from a generic fizzle out, to Maelstrom's fwip.

• Like 1

• 1 month later
On 1/5/2022 at 9:26 AM, Kismet Cowboy said:

God, PLEASE. I love teleportation, but think PCs have the lamest and most annoying Teleport FX. There's a ton of cool graphics that NPCs get, from a generic fizzle out, to Maelstrom's fwip.

Yeah. It would be really nice to not have every single character have the same effect, just different colors. Honestly, sometimes I create a "human warshade" for the simple fact that the teleport effect looks different.