Army of Neu isn't cumulative...is it supposed to be?

Lazarillo

Got into a bit of a debate in-game earlier.  Presently, at the very least, to obtain the "Army of Neu" badge in the Tin Mage TF, you have to defeat 40 Neuron clones in a single run of the TF.  The badge credit doesn't add up over multiple runs. I know from personal experience that characters I have who have done it 5+ times have received the badge at the same time, in some cases, as characters that hadn't done the TF before.   The wiki backs this up as well.

...and yet, there seems to be a very common misconception that it is, in fact, cumulative, and a lot of people seem to recall it being that way at one point (myself included, if I'm being honest).  Although even then the old wiki seems to suggest otherwise, too.  So the question comes up: has it always been this way and some of us are just crazy?  Was it changed (if so, is there any known reasoning on it)? Is it a bug?  What's really going on with our least-favorite speedster?

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Ukase said:

It's a fair question, but the real question is - why isn't it cumulative? 

If I were to guess, it's to "balance" things a little with Kitty's Got Claws.  Since Neuron makes more clones after Bobcat gets defeated, you end up with that badge if you leave him alone and focus Bobcat, just like you get KGC for doing the opposite.  I'm not sure whether or not that's a good reason, but that's at least some train of logic...

2 hours ago, Apparition said:

As far as I can recall, the badge has never been cumulative.

May just be the Mandela effect on my part, then.  Personally, even if not, I'd rather more people thought that since it's that way now...less explaining to do when the echoes of "you'll get it by continuing to do the TF" rear up again.😅

It's still not hard to get. Just tell the team it's a badge run and not to kill Neuron until you get the badge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

6 hours ago, Uun said:

It's still not hard to get. Just tell the team it's a badge run and not to kill Neuron until you get the badge.

You are correct, though I've had a few times in the last couple weeks where the response was "we don't have to do that you'll get it eventually if you keep doing the TF".  Hence why I've been double-checking things, and wondering about the past and intent of the badge, too.

There's a lot of misinformation floating around CoH.  Part of it is due to people not playing for a long while, there being changes made to the game, and then people come back and assume things are still the way they were when they left.  Part of it is due to people wishing things would be a certain way, despite it not being that way.  Then part of it is just assumptions made.  This case is most likely the last.