Cannot scale chat windows (any more)?

Shenanigunner

In fiddling around with the window scale utility, I found that it is no longer possible to scale tear-off chat windows.

That is, if you detach any of the chat windows, they can be toggled using chat1 through chat4, but /windowscale no longer works with these window names. I am pretty sure this worked at some recent time.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

• 3 weeks later

@Shenanigunner(or anyone), do you know the correct window name for the incarnate window (where you equip, create, etc. incarnate powers?).  I have tried everything I can think of to get it to embiggen so I can read it comfortably, to no avail.  I have the powerlist itself big enough, but neither combat abilities nor incarnate powers have a window name, so I am at a loss as to how to scale them.

53 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

@Shenanigunner(or anyone), do you know the correct window name for the incarnate window (where you equip, create, etc. incarnate powers?).  I have tried everything I can think of to get it to embiggen so I can read it comfortably, to no avail.  I have the powerlist itself big enough, but neither combat abilities nor incarnate powers have a window name, so I am at a loss as to how to scale them.

There is an "Incarnate" in the windownames list, but it doesn't scale the incarnate window. You can click and drag to scale the window itself, but I have yet to find a way to scale the contents of the window. 😕

• Thanks 1

Coloden.png

13 hours ago, Tahliah said:

I have compiled a pretty complete list of window names, but many appear to do nothing — not sure why. It may be that, as with "incarnate" they aren't the name for the obvious window; it may be that the name and window match but brute-force changes aren't allowed (as is known for some windows).

I don't have any alts up in Incarnate etc. range so I've never tested any of those. Looks like it's not something easy.

I'm... going to go make a development suggestion about this.

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

5 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

I don't have any alts up in Incarnate etc. range so I've never tested any of those. Looks like it's not something easy.

You can open the incarnate window (the one with 'equip', 'create', and 'convert' tabs) at any level; there's just nothing you can do with it.

• Thumbs Up 1