Zone PVP?

Project

There's some PVP, but the zones have (generally) been dead since before sunset on live. In the time I've been here, I've run into people three times in the zones - one left just after I noticed them, one was AFKing by drones (I'm assuming for zone time badges,) and just once we had a nice little group of 3-4 fighting and alting for... 30-40 minutes or so.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

You have to organize a PvP related event. It's like making an iTrial, you don't just show up. You need to schedule it, and cultivate an event, and if you wanted to build it you could do it at regularly scheduled times.

Add the people that participate to global, make a PvP related channel and have fun. Understand as a pvper you will not necessarily always be on the toon you want to be on, but more the toon you need to, as you your team might need an empathy, or cager. Also using discord to coordinate works well for calling targets and coordinating spikes.

The biggest thing though about creating a PvP event is not that you win, it's that the event is fairly balanced, so if you're doing zone and there's 3 villains vs 12 heroes, it's not exactly balanced. Also know that soft targets will get attacked first, so they even more then others need to know how to move. If you can keep things fairly balanced you can introduce prizes and such to lure people in and they can and will have fun. If the balance shifts and one side is getting beat badly, you have to have people able to switch sides, either by null the gulling or having an alt ready, to maintain the balance.

If you're event is out of balance it's likely to leave a bad impression with someone particularly so if they get absolutely destroyed. So it's also a good idea to have team leaders that are experienced in calling targets and coaching PvP techniques.

Just a couple thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1