Stripe Wolf Tail

You know, that big furry tail that's wolfish, where you can only add an extra color to the tip?  Put similar stripes up the tail so I can make the raccoon thief I've been thinking of all this time!

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Then it wouldn't be a wolf tail. Maybe duplicate the wolf tail model, add new stripes to the texture map for the duplicated tail, and call it a raccoon or something else? We already have duplicate cat tails that I can't really see any difference between, so should be fine.

• Like 1

The tail's bushy enough to play the part for several creatures, don't let the terminology trip you up here.  I'm guessing it would be easier to work on recoloring a pre-existing costume detail than just outright making a new one, so I was trying to be modest with my demands there.  IIRC, the two cat tails: one has a more distinctive striping pattern than the other.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Sure, but the tails don't have a texture option. They have the model with a set texture you color. If they add a texture menu, it works just fine. (They would have to fold the cat tails into a single selection though.) It is the cat tails that makes me think they need a new entry.

I'm not even sure how texture ended up in this discussion?  I'm talking color here.

Go have fun!