Experienced Marksman IO has Purple text

Ura Hero

Why does the Experienced Marksman IO (PVP) set have Purple text instead of Orange like the rest of the PVP sets?  The Recipe correctly shows Orange text, but once you create it then it changes to Purple text which should be reserved for sets that you can only slot one of.

file it under a typo.  the set still properly gives the stats of an orange set and i dont think anyone has the ability to ever have 2 sniper powers.  so in reality it is only possible to ever slot just 1 of these enhancement sets.  i could be wrong on nobody can get 2 sniper powers though

On 1/23/2022 at 10:59 PM, TheZag said:

i dont think anyone has the ability to ever have 2 sniper powers

LRM from Munitions Mastery really should given it functions as one for the most part but considering it's part one of the worst Ancillary sets for Blasters, has a 5.87s cast time, and is the tier 5 power, [therefore requiring 2 additional picks before you can take it], even the craziest blaster would likely not end up with 2 snipes given the chance.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

13 hours ago, LQT said:

LRM from Munitions Mastery really should given it functions as one for the most part but considering it's part one of the worst Ancillary sets for Blasters, has a 5.87s cast time, and is the tier 5 power, [therefore requiring 2 additional picks before you can take it], even the craziest blaster would likely not end up with 2 snipes given the chance.

Because it's a ranged AoE power, even though it has the long interruptible animation time of a snipe, it doesn't have the 'fast snipe' mechanics, nor does it take Sniper Attack enhancements, so it's only a snipe-like power. That said, my AR/EM/Mun Blaster I recreated from Live (she was the first character I made when I joined CoH on May 8, 2004, and the one I was playing, down in the bowl in an MSR, at shutdown) has both Snipe and LRM.