Plant / Rad Build - What are your thoughts?

Bananiac

This seems to be an odd power combo, as I couldn't find anything. So here is what I came up with myself.

Not an expert, but maybe it gives others an idea to work with.

What do you guys think? Any comments welcome!

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Bananiac: Level 50 Science Controller
Primary Power Set: Plant Control
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Emission
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprOvrPrs-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(3), SprOvrPrs-EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(5), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(7)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(17)
Level 2: Roots -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(15), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(15), GrvAnc-Hold%(29)
Level 4: Radiation Infection -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(11), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(17)
Level 6: Accelerate Metabolism -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 8: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 10: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(A), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Conf%(19), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(21), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(36)
Level 12: Enervating Field -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(21)
Level 16: Mutation -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Vines -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(27)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(27)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 24: Boxing -- TchofDth-Dam%(A)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(29), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), JvlVll-Dam%(31), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Dam%(33), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(33)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-Psi/Status(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), ImpArm-ResPsi(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(43)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(36), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(37), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SlbAll-Build%(39)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 38: EM Pulse -- GldNet-Acc/Rchg(A), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(42), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), JvlVll-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 44: Summon Guardian -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-End/Rech(45), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(45), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(45), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End/Rech(46)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(47), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(47), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), EndRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 8: Afterburner 
------------

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

10 hours ago, Bananiac said:

odd power combo

Perhaps a bit less common, but no less powerful for it! Amazing primary and classic secondary here will serve you well.

A few notes:

• What are your goals with this build? Your set bonuses are all over the place, with different typed and positional bonuses here and there, but reaching no milestones.
    • Focusing on either ranged softcap, heavy recharge, S/L softcap, super proccy damage, or something else in your IOs will give you a more powerful result.
    • I'm not saying you have to go for softcap at all, but be mindful of what you are working towards and making efficient choices to get there.
  • FFback in Carrion Creepers will only go off upon summon, and the recharge is long - this is not a good return on your slot.
  • Not proccing out your hold is a real missed opportunity for damage. I'm not saying you have to follow the meta here, but it is certainly worth pointing out, as it can do a ton of damage this way.
  • Radiation Infection can easily be taken as a one slot wonder with Lysosome in it. Honestly it is optional, especially on a controller, but I do like to take it myself.
  • Accelerate Metabolism is an important power, and running it perma is a strong goal. It wants both endmod and recharge enhancement. 
  • Speaking of end, this build is going to be very hard to sustain. More end support would be advisable. (another IO in stamina, AM, miracle, general slotting for endredux, etc)
  • Lingering Rad can also benefit heavily from acc slotting, as it requires a hit check. Remember to toggle off Fly trap so the buildup proc isn't affecting your totals. As is, LR has a very low chance to hit.
  • If you're picking Hasten, 2 slotting it with two +5 recharge IOs is the way to go.
  • Choking cloud also needs accuracy to work. You are also slotting short of the best bonuses here. If you're going for a purple set in a power like this, make it to the recharge bonus. You also want good endredux here. Purple set is as a result not ideal. I like building for softcap ranged myself, and using Lockdown full 6 piece here. It is a great lynchpin power when slotted so, as it handles all your hold needs in a passive aura, locking down spawns quickly. Another option would be to skip it entirely and rely on Seeds only.
  • Endredux in maneuvers is bad return for your blue investment. One of the above mentioned end supports is a better choice.

Your power choices are good here! However, I would really rethink the build from the ground up from a slotting perspective with some specific goals in mind, and evaluate the efficiency of each slotting decision. Try to slot not only for IO set bonuses, but also with an awareness of ED caps and the return on actual enhancement value in the power as well.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. This is all

tremendously helpful and I will make a few modifications building on that.

Just a couple of questions:

On 1/31/2022 at 8:10 PM, Onlyasandwich said:

... Remember to toggle off Fly trap so the buildup proc isn't affecting your totals. ...

What exactly do you mean here by this? Can you explain the mechanic behind this a bit?

On 1/31/2022 at 8:10 PM, Onlyasandwich said:

FFback in Carrion Creepers will only go off upon summon, and the recharge is long - this is not a good return on your slot.

Does this apply only for Force Feedback? What about the other procs in there? Is this a good power to proc at all?

I play Controllers mainly for their Lockdown and De-/Buff, so that would be my main focus. I really like choking cloud as an additional hold, so some more means of melee protection will be helpful, I guess. Apart from that I will probably spend most time in range, so that would need defense as well. And having 1 or 2 powers that can really hit hard with procs would be nice.

I really have no idea what a good slotting for the Fly Trap would be, so would appreciate some specific advice here.

Same basically for the Mu Guardian. Is this actually really a good choice? I do like the idea of a 2nd pet, but can't tell  if this is worth it...

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 2/11/2022 at 1:43 PM, Bananiac said:

What exactly do you mean here by this?

This is simply a mids thing. If you want to be sure you are reviewing your recharge in mids correctly, click the yellow dot to turn it off.

image.png.cabc8939bcd8276c0d95e114a708b96e.png

This disables procs in the power, which will keep FFback's 100% recharge from influencing totals. This is useful because FFback isn't going to be up 100% of the time, and also it erroneously stacks when present in multiple powers, giving you really wonky high recharge numbers that won't be true in game.

Does this apply only for Force Feedback? What about the other procs in there? Is this a good power to proc at all?

Procs in pet powers are a bit specific.

• FFback and Gaussian provide a buff to the caster, not the pet (if slottable of course). This can still be useful if it is a pet you summon quite often - a common example where this is worthwhile is tornado. Keep in mind FFback is only a 5 second buff.
  • Soulbound allegiance proc is unique in that it is specifically made to buff the pet itself. This is a great proc for most damage oriented pets.
  • Damage procs will only go off in the specific pet powers that the proc type affects. For example, an immobilize damage proc in Fly Trap would proc on Entangle and Roots, but not any of the other powers. A hold proc would only go off on Strangler and Vines from the Fly Trap. There is overlap of course - ranged damage (if slottable) would affect both Entangle and Strangler, as both are ranged damage type.

Pets that have many powers with overlapping proc types are better for proc slotting generally. You then want to slot the procs with the best overlap between powers. In some cases, there may not be enough overlap for this to be worthwhile, though it is subjective where to draw that line. If your pet doesn't have any really obvious overlapping procs, you may be better served by instead slotting for set bonuses in it and neglecting many procs.

As for your priorities, we want to look at not the general capabilities of the controller, but what bonuses you want to chase. All controllers will be able to lockdown and debuff according to the powers they have chosen.

IO slotting will be about other priorities, with some common goals including:

• Maximizing damage with procs. This will typically have a secondary goal of global accuracy and recharge to support the procced powers.
  • Chasing high global recharge so you can spam strong-impact, long-recharge powers. Honestly this is not all that important for Plant/, though /Rad appreciates it for AM. Going for enough to get Perma AM is a nice goal, which helps with end support as well.
  • Choosing defense type or types to chase near, or all the way to softcap. A common one to go for is Ranged defense. I don't stress much about softcap on controllers, as they have such powerful lockdown tools. Even so, it is worth considering what bonuses you might pick up incidentally - a solid baseline of defense is useful even without softcap.
  • Layering resist for additional durability.

It's worth considering that Plants/ basically has all its lockdown needs covered in one power - Seeds. This power takes minimal enhancement to be the strongest control power in the game that is up every spawn without fail. This provides a lot of freedom to pursue other goals in your build. Choking cloud is a nice supplement to this if you want some diversity in your controls.

Same basically for the Mu Guardian. Is this actually really a good choice?

Mu guardian is one of the better epic pets in my opinion! It is purely ranged, so easier to keep alive. As a controller, you are ideally equipped to keep it alive. It's certainly not a "gimme" obvious pick, but if you enjoy the idea of more pets, it will serve you well enough. Epic pets like Mu guardian also benefit from high global recharge so you can have them out more often.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Great advice again! So I reworked the Build accordingly, with the following adjustments to basically:

- Increase Endurance & Recovery

- Increase Accuracy (globally and in individual powers)

- Proc out the Hold, Creepers and Ball Lightning (though letting go of the controllor ATO was difficult 🙂 )

- Increase Ranged Defense

A few other tweaks, don't remember everything.

Take a look, tell me what you think.

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- NrnSht-Dam%(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), Lck-%Hold(3), Apc-Dam%(5), GldNet-Dam%(5), UnbCns-Dam%(7)
Level 1: Radiant Aura -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(7), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg(9), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(11), Prv-Absorb%(17)
Level 2: Roots -- GrvAnc-Immob(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(15), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(15), GrvAnc-Hold%(39)
Level 4: Radiation Infection -- HO:Lyso(A)
Level 6: Accelerate Metabolism -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 8: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(A), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Conf%(19), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(21), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(36), CrcPrs-Conf(46)
Level 18: Vines -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(25), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(27)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End(A), IceMisTrmt-Acc/Dam/End/Rech(27)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(29), ImpSwf-Dam%(29), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(31), TraoftheH-Dam%(31), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(31)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(33), Lck-%Hold(33), Lck-Acc/Hold(33), Lck-Acc/Rchg(46), Lck-Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 30: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-Psi/Status(34), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), ImpArm-ResPsi(34), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(36), GldArm-3defTpProc(43)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- SlbAll-Dmg(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(36), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), SlbAll-Acc/Rchg(37), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SlbAll-Build%(39)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(40), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(40), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(40)
Level 38: EM Pulse -- GldNet-Acc/Rchg(A), GldNet-Rchg/Hold(42), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), JvlVll-Dam%(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(43)
Level 44: Summon Guardian -- BldMnd-Acc/EndRdx(A), BldMnd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), BldMnd-Dmg/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(47), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(47), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
------------

I feel somewhat comfortable with those values for now, but that doesn't mean it is at its full potential, I guess

Few more questions:

- What do you think about the Proccing in Creepers? 2 Slows, 1 immob, 2 AoE Damage, so those should be rolled every time the power uses the respective ability, right?

- I am looking at the Overpowering Presence special pet IO and wonder if that should go somewhere... Roots, Creepers, or even the Strangler? Never used this one before, so no clue how this is supposed to work.

- I kept the Guardian and am using him basically as a set mule here. Had 3 Overwhelming Forces in there before to beef him up a bit, but I don't really think I will need that, so went for the global bonus there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Few more questions:

- What do you think about the Proccing in Creepers? 2 Slows, 1 immob, 2 AoE Damage, so those should be rolled every time the power uses the respective ability, right?

• Creepers summons an invisible entity that has two "powers" - "Vines" and "Bramble."
    • Vines summons a pet that has "Vine Smash" which does KD and slow, and is melee type. It also has "Vine Thorns" which has slow, and is ranged type.
    • It also summons "Carrion Creeper Patch," which uses "Bramble," which will proc ranged aoe and immobilize IOs.
    • Conclusion - I have no idea what is best to slot! Slow damage procs look okay here. I would recommend just trying different procs and seeing how impactful they feel - what you have is not bad.
    • Finally, you do want some acc slotting, as these powers have normal hit checks at 1.0 accuracy base.

- I am looking at the Overpowering Presence special pet IO and wonder if that should go somewhere... Roots, Creepers, or even the Strangler? Never used this one before, so no clue how this is supposed to work.

Are you talking about The Energy Font proc? It's sort of neat. I like to put it in my aoe immobilize, so Roots is a good spot.

- I kept the Guardian and am using him basically as a set mule here. Had 3 Overwhelming Forces in there before to beef him up a bit, but I don't really think I will need that, so went for the global bonus there.

I'm a little confused as to what bonuses you are going for in the guardian. You would be better served by a 4 slot expedient or call to arms. You could even get more Ranged defense with a 6 slot Expedient.

The build itself looks much improved! I will try to take a look in more depth for more specific feedback later when I have time.

Edit: A few build observations:

• Your hold still needs to hit, and you don't have enough global acc to make up for no local enhancement. I would either do a +5 acc IO or an HO dam/acc in place of one proc.
  • Accelerate Metabolism could still use some love. At least another recharge. AM and hasten can feed each other to achieve perma with a little global recharge to boost them there. Once this is perma, you get better end return slotting AM for end than stamina.
  • I wouldn't recommend 6 slot Purple set in Fly Trap. The bonuses don't really serve your build, and Fly Trap ends up with wasted enhancement power. I would prefer Expedient or call to arms plus soulbound proc, and maybe some other damage proc or two.
  • Lingering Rad needs some more acc if you are concerned about +4's. You could rely on Radiation infection of course - that's okay if this is your plan. Not my first choice on Rad though, as it is sloow to animate, and you don't need it most of the time for defense on a controller.
  • The 3 slot Aegis in tough isn't giving you any good bonuses. It looks like you're trying to stack psi res, which is fine. However, I would just drop the non psi res IOs from that set, then replace them with one Ribosome. Use the extra slot for something fun elsewhere.
  • Weave is mega slotted here! Nice bonuses from Shield Wall, so not all bad. However, I would prefer leaner slotting here (keep the uniques), and help Ball lightning out with some extra love.
  • Similar with Charged Armor. I'd pare this down to a 3 slot reactive armor, which helps ranged defense as well, and gives you some free slots. Then, swap the steadfast IO from tough to this as you'll have better return. You can then use one of the saved slots for a psi res IO if you like, or something else fun.
  • If you're going for lean slotting in EM pulse, it's hard to beat 4 slot basilisk gaze. Think of end and recovery set bonuses as more of a happy bonus - they aren't the most efficient end support. Your best end support will come from slotting your actual end powers (stamina, Accelerate Metabolism), local endredux, and the end uniques.
  • Speaking of end uniques, you are missing Panacea proc. This is more powerful than even Miracle, and should take precedence. At least replace Numina with it, perhaps find a slot to keep Numina.
  • I'm personally a fan of 4 slot Overpowering presence in the aoe immob these days (Roots here). This gives good enhancement, the Energy Font proc in an ideal place, and strong S/L resist. This extra S/L resist lets you skimp on slotting tough (basically just keep the uniques in there and don't sweat the extras), and focus those IOs elsewhere. The purple set isn't bad though, and it seems like you're going for a broad base of every resist where you can find it. There's room for either approach.
  • Ball Lightning needs accuracy, and would like some damage enhancement! It is going to whiff a lot, even with RI down. Also, you don't really want to rely on having Radiation infection down. I like to 3 slot the superior Winter set here and fill the rest with procs. Acc/dam, Dam/End, Acc/dam/end from the set. This also helps shore up slow resist, and further bumps your F/R.

One thing that occurs to me! It might actually be pretty ideal to slot the entire superior will of the controller set in Carrion Creepers. I believe this would cause it to proc the purple damage proc on every single element of this power, which would add up to more damage likely than all the other procs you could cram in, or at least comparable. This is worth verifying with testing, though perhaps others have this wisdom already. Then you could slot out vines with 4 Basilisk for more global recharge, recover, and ranged defense, and still save some slots for something else.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Followed your advice here mostly, so this is where I end up with now:

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Strangler -- HO:Nucle(A), Lck-%Hold(3), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(3), Apc-Dam%(5), GldNet-Dam%(5), UnbCns-Dam%(7)
Level 2: Roots -- GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx(A), GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg(13), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg(15), GrvAnc-Hold%(15), SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(39)
Level 4: Radiation Infection -- HO:Lyso(A)
Level 6: Accelerate Metabolism -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(34), PwrTrns-+Heal(34), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/Rech/End(36)
Level 8: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 10: Seeds of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(A), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(19), CrcPrs-Conf%(19), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(21), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(36), CrcPrs-Conf(46)
Level 20: Lingering Radiation -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(27)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 26: Carrion Creepers -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(29), IceMisTrmt-+ColdDmg(31), TraoftheH-Dam%(31), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(31)
Level 28: Choking Cloud -- Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(33), Lck-%Hold(33), Lck-Acc/Hold(33), Lck-Acc/Rchg(46), Lck-Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 30: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 32: Fly Trap -- CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg(A), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(36), CaltoArm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), CaltoArm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), SlbAll-Build%(39)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-ResDam(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40)
Level 38: EM Pulse -- BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(A), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(42), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(50)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(43), PstBls-Dam%(43), JvlVll-Dam%(46)
Level 44: Summon Guardian -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(45), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(48), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(48), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(50)
Level 47: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(47), Rct-ResDam%(47)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(17), Mrc-Rcvry+(40)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11)
------------

Comments:

- AM: slotting the 4 Power Transfers now brings it within 10s in Mids, which is ok for me. I also like the ability to atune here so it remains active when exemping (as compared to +5 standard Recharge and EndMod IOs, as I understand...)

- Stamina: 2 PerfShifter (EndM and the EndM Proc) vs. 2 standard IOs... about 10% recovery difference within the power, but MIDS gives some weird negative numbers (-13.05???) on the End Rec Total...

- Threw out all the slots from Tough, figured I am good enough on S/L at around 70% and just not bothering with all the +Psi anymore

- Roots: Went with 5 Grav Anchor, the 6th being the Font Proc. This helps with global Acc and Rech, but loses a little S/L Res and Ranged Def when compared to 6 Slot Overpowering Presence. But I think I am good with that.

Looking forward to give it a try now! 

• Like 1

Looking pretty good!

Note that attuning is only relevant to set bonuses. This doesn't change the scaling behavior of enhancements when you exemplar - both attuned and regular IOs will go down according to the formula for this.

This old Paragon Wiki article should still be relevant for the scaling formula: https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Exemplar_Effects_on_Enhancements

In other words, go ahead and attune if it is important to retain a given set bonus when exemping. However, if you are simply looking for raw enhancement value and there is no set bonus at play, just go for max level non-attuned and +5 boost it.

There are weirder strategies that come into play with optimization for level capped PVP zones. 

As for the weird end recovery - toggle off EM Pulse and you'll see your true totals. This is new wierdness! Mids is applying the recovery debuff from EM Pulse to you erroneously. 

One thing to consider as you play: See how much you end up using Radiation Infection, and how much impact it has on your play. I know it sounds like blasphemy for Rad, but if you don't end up using it, you might have more fun swapping it for Fallout and engaging in exploding corpse/vengeance/mutate shenanigans. It doesn't REALLY matter, but is a fun little trick.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Carnifax shared some testing that could have a dramatic impact of proc damage in Carrion Creepers:

35 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

I used my Parser to test procs of different types in Creepers. General ranking is : Damage procs > Controller purple proc > Immob Proc >> Slow procs >> KB Procs

On an 8 man council (Creeper Patch + Creeper Vines)

Bombardment (Dam) : 161 + 57 = 218
Explosive Strike (KB) : 22 + 15 = 37
Impeded Swiftness (Slow) : 32 + 55 = 87
Javelin Volley (Dam) : 161 + 69 = 230
Posi's Blast (Dam) : 175 + 62 = 237
Trap of the Hunter (immob) : 132 + 0 = 132

The controller proc acts like an Immob proc here (because the only control Creepers do is immob) but it has a higher proc rate. It's also part of an excellent set so I personally don't break it. 

So proc wise, the best slotting I've found is Posi's Blast + Javelin Volley + Bombardment + Trap of the Hunter and then two random Acc/Dam/Recharge IOs (one of them can be Bombardment for 5% range on cones). My Plant Stormie thus has Bombardment Acc/Dam/Recharge, Bombardment proc, Artillery Acc/Dam/Recharge, Posi's Blast proc, Javelins Volley Proc, Trap of the Hunter proc. 

Note that the Grav Anchor purple immob proc would be pretty nice on Creepers too if you wanted one that would hold things (on things in the patches, they won't trigger from Vine attacks). 

I also like Achilles Heel in Fly Trap but that's up to you really. 

• Thanks 1