Blueside Contacts active for Redside

lemming

My level 7 brute picked up some contacts while being blue, then switched over to being a Rogue and noted:

Genevieve Sanders, Paula Dempsey, and Ron Hughes all will still talk to her.   I did a quick check and saw that they would give me missions as well.    If I switch all the way to Villain they are still active.   I'll have to see if they will talk to me via phone while villain.

It's not a bug. Those contacts are all pre-level 20, I believe. Under the alignment system, you could not change from blue to red until level 20. So contacts earlier than that did not need to be coded to check for alignment. Null allows players to bypass the alignment system and be whatever alignment they want immediately. They still need to be updated because of Null, but not a bug.

I'd still classify it as a bug, or at least I'd argue the case.  It's unexpected behavior from introducing a new feature. (Null)

Would it prevent a release? no, but it would be on a fix schedule.

It also seems to only be for blue side contacts that predate the alignment system.  Contacts under 20 that were introduced after it seem to act correctly.

And yes, you can run the missions as a rogue and get their phone number.

Visit Null and go full villain and still call them from Redside and in the case of Genevieve, she'll put the mission in the zone you are in.

Edited by lemming
whoops, wasn't lead

What you can do is switch back to blue (Hero/Vigi), then talk to them... even accept a mission. Then abandon the mission so that your mission list is empty. then switch alignment. I think it's a bit trickier if you switched alignment mid arc. in any case, they should go to inactive contacts after switching.