Energy Control

TKDGUY23

I'd like you to meet my good friend, Gravity Control. 

• Haha 2

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

lol but I was thinking something different than Grav Control.  Gravity control focuses more on Immobilizes, and Holds.  Would like Energy Control to focus more on stunning your enemies for long periods of time.  With some Immobilizes, and Hold powers to help with crowd control.  Would also like to see a Nova Stun but bit different from your normal powers.  What energy you absorb from your enemies builds a bar, and when that bar is full the power activates.  You hit the Nova Stun, and it stuns all enemies in a 20 foot radius.  It's just trying to figure out how the other powers will work out 

That's Gravity Control. Wormhole is a giant AoE stun. Dark and Fire Control also have AoE stuns. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

8 hours ago, TKDGUY23 said:

I was wondering how well would an energy control that focuses around stuns, immobilize, holds, and a power that stuns a huge group that's like Nova but geared for a large stun radius.

I noticed how you left out one of the other defining aspects of "energy" powers in this game: knockback.

But I'll agree with Aurora_Girl on this and say Energy Control would literally be Gravity Control. Even ignoring the strong conceptual ties to gravity, the aura created by Gravity Control's powers are very shiny and energy-looking and could be conceptualized as the user controlling a coating of energy to shut down enemies.  Your pet is even a ball of energy.

Now if you'd like to create a set suggestion around energy, that might be more entertaining as you could show us how it would differ from other control sets similarly to how posters have made suggestions for Light Control despite Illusion Control existing.

• Like 1

Think not only how energy works in game but also what energy can mean. Endurance drain, stun, slow and conversely what it doesn't need to mean, as in the case of knockback. Then, propose a list of powers instead of simply a name.