Combo Mechanics Thread

Galaxy Brain

13 hours ago, macskull said:

Also, re: Energy Melee - current cycle time is 12.67 seconds for Energy Transfer, down from 22.67 seconds pre-I27 (and 21 seconds pre-I12). If you happen to have a stack of Energy Focus that cycle time becomes 11 seconds.

there's a good bit to unpack but let me try and start here. (I tried to send this as a PM to avoid cluttering the Combo thread but you are "unable to receive messages".)

yes, the current out-of-the-box base cycle time is about 12.67 seconds for Energy Transfer.

comparing that to 22.67 & 21 at first may seem like a big difference (nearly 10 secs) but once we throw recharge and Hasten in there that 10 sec difference shrinks significantly.

3 SOs took a 20 sec recharge to about 10.25 sec. Add Hasten and it's near 7.55 sec. Add the <1 sec activation = 8.55

3 SOs on a 10 sec recharge to about 5.13 sec. Add Hasten and it's near 3.77 sec. Add the 2.67 sec activation = 6.44

situationally these could be pushed closer to a difference of <1 and Arcanatime could come into play. Arcanatime link

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

oops forgot to add Aracanatime example for a 2.67 sec activation. It's closer to 3 seconds (iirc 2.904)

this can be important for powers that have secondary effects.

a long activation can shave a significant percentage of time off the length of an effect. why? because the effect is not applied at the end of the animation.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum