Curious about your point of view, which would be the most "pacifist" archetypes and powerset combinations?

Albion

Ice Melee/Ninjitsu Stalker. Don't take any attacks (Except the initial T1). Always stay in Hide, if discovered, powers of choice should be Placate, Smoke Flash, Misdirection and Pacify. If things get hairy, Ice Patch, TP/Combat TP, Phase Shift. If teammates ask if you're going to help, respond, "I'm only here to observe, peasant."

Or play Dark Miasma and use Black Hole as often as possible. If teammates question you, respond, "You're hurting them." I would love to team with you, I think it would be fun.

• Haha 1

If I was designing a CoH 2 I would likely add in a "Morale" bar in addition to Health and Endurance as a secondary method of defeating foes. You could be depleted by having nearby foes defeated, being held, being debuffed.  So some characters could win through more non-violent means. A lot of fights in comics are won against minions by Iceman just locking the whole room down and moving on or Spider-man sticking someone to a wall.  Would be nice to have those methods available.   I feel like kind of a jerk holding someone and then beating them with a stick until they can't move.

Buuut beyond something as huge as that getting added in the best "Pacifist" character would likely be a Mind Controler with Emp, Kin, Sonic or FF.  And just focusing on sleeps and support abilities.

If you're going for more RP type thing maybe... An MM? Necro or Demon + Emp.  And having the zombies/demons being reanimated/summoned unwillingly by your character.  They just have so much life energy spilling out it attracts these things like Remora latching onto them.  And as you're their food source they defend you against your will.

• Like 1