Ways to tweak interface - text size

RikOz

I am curious to know if there is any way to "customize" the UI. Specifically, I would like to universally increase text size.

Since returning to the game, I'm experiencing eyestrain after playing for a while. Since this never happened when I was playing WoW, I'm pretty sure it isn't just a matter of my staring at a screen for hours.

It occurred to me that, in WoW, I was able to use an addon to increase the size of text everywhere in the game. I am, as is everybody else, nearly seven years older than I was the last time I played CoX, and in my case I'm over 50, so diminishing eyesight is a given. And since I didn't get eyestrain playing WoW, but I am while playing CoX, I suspect that text size has something to do with it. Not to mention that most text in-game is white on a black background, which is objectively harder to read than black-on-white. It also seems that the bold-by-default game text lends itself to blurring together and being harder to read.

So I'm looking for a way to 1) Universally adjust text size, 2) Adjust text/background color, and/or 3) Change the default typeface/font. Any one of those, by itself, would be a big help, and being able to change all three would be stellar.

I have found the setting to change the size of chat font, but that doesn't affect the rest of the UI as I'd like.

You can also do this with binds which is nice. If you have a standard bind file you can load your preferences that way:

/BIND F12 "show chat$$windowscale status 1.00$$windowscale nav 1.00$$windowscale map 1.00$$windowscale chat 1.10$$windowscale target 1.00$$windowscale tray 1.10$$windowscale insp 1.00$$windowscale enhancements 1.00$$windowscale team 1.10"

Notice that my chat window and my tray are 1.1 (10% increase), but the rest of the windows are default 1.0. You can get much more control than the slider bar under Options will let you and you can have different windows different scales! Mix and match in the bind until you are happy. Save to a bind file then you can load this on every character exactly the way you like it.

Also... try these!

Green windows instead of blue or red:

/BIND SHIFT+F12 "window_color 0 150 96 192"

You can fiddle with the numbers yourself to get whatever exact color you want.

Then there's this... MAP hard to view? No problem flipp in and out of an enlarged map with ease:

/BIND CTRL+F12 "window_hide chat$$windowscale map 2.0"

/BIND ALT+F12 "show chat$$windowscale map 1.0"

Svengjuk, Formerly Alice, Empty Man, EM Riptide, Silver Mouse, and many more... SG: Hero Dawn

/BIND CTRL+F12 "window_hide chat$$windowscale map 2.0"

/BIND ALT+F12 "show chat$$windowscale map 1.0"

I regret that I have but one inf to give.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

You can also do this with binds which is nice. If you have a standard bind file you can load your preferences that way:

Awesome! I'll fiddle with these. I only wish there was an easy way to change text size without changing the window size.