Cathedral of Pain Trial Rewards Should Affect Mastermind Pets

Apparition

Currently, the various Cathedral of Pain trial rewards (Anger Monument, Heart of a Storm Elemental, Monument of Iron, etc.), do not affect Mastermind pets.  I would suggest that they should, like Essence of the Earth inspirations.  Anger Monument isn't exactly going to do a Mastermind much good. :classic_tongue:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd have to check other persistent temporary buffs to see whether they also ignore Mastermind pets. Does anyone know if the DFB buffs apply to MM pets? Or Flames of Promethus? Um... what about the winter themed temp buffs from the Elf in the Pocket D Ski Chalet?

If it's not working as intended though, I'd support this fix. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Cathedral of Pain is a little bit of a bigger deal then DFB. You go there to get buffs that make your character stronger for a week.  The majority of self buffs on a mastermind are wasted.  If a full strength CoP buff is too much for all the mastermind pets then a partial amount for the pets would still be nice.

45 minutes ago, TheZag said:

Cathedral of Pain is a little bit of a bigger deal then DFB. You go there to get buffs that make your character stronger for a week.  The majority of self buffs on a mastermind are wasted.  If a full strength CoP buff is too much for all the mastermind pets then a partial amount for the pets would still be nice.

As far as temporary persistent buffs go...

Cathedral of Pain Anger Monument temporary power grants (0.08 * Melee_Ones)% Damage (All) Strength (self only) for 10.25s

DFB Hydra Chemical Damange Enhancer temporary power grants (0.12 * Melee_Ones)% Damage (All) Strength (self only) for 10.25s

Neither appear to apply to Mastermind pets. I think DFB is a comparable example as they both also lasts for one week.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

DFB buffs do last a week.  Or more likely a few hours since they expire at lvl 20.  I would say DFB is mostly ran for a few badges and some quick experience points on a low level character with the buff being a bonus for the posi 1&2.  Once you finish those you are too high level and it expires.

Other than a badge, Cathedral of Pain is only ran for those week long buffs.  Certain buffs are better for some ATs then others but anger specifically is the most sought after and increases your damage by 25% for a week.....on every AT except a mastermind.

The majority of MM damage comes from its pets and anger monument is applied as a damage buff that you would see in the combat attributes window.  If anger were applied like the alpha slot as an enhancement that isnt affected by diminishing returns,  then it could enhance all damage powers instead of everyone except masterminds.

• Thumbs Up 1