Silly suggestion: Allow emotes while resting

biostem

Silly suggestion here, but I kinda feel like we should be able to have our character sip on a drink or eat a donut, instead of the typical resting animation.  Perhaps they play a game on their phone to help recoup from a tough battle or something.  Your thoughts?

• Like 1

• Lead Game Master

I feel like this sort of thing could be easily implemented via a custom power animation in the tailor... with the main drawback being that you'd only be able to use the one animation you choose for each costume slot. But if there were a way to be able to select any animation while resting, that would be cool, too!

• Thumbs Up 2

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

33 minutes ago, GM Impervium said:

I feel like this sort of thing could be easily implemented via a custom power animation in the tailor... with the main drawback being that you'd only be able to use the one animation you choose for each costume slot. But if there were a way to be able to select any animation while resting, that would be cool, too!

I mean, you can use emotes while having other powers toggled on - so is it the "only affecting self" portion of rest that prohibits this?

• Lead Game Master

I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics, to be honest; the fact that you already cannot use emotes while resting either means that something about "rest" interrupts emotes anyway (like if you're emoting and suddenly get hit by a buff or an attack, it stops), OR, it's just flagged to ignore emotes? I don't see anything in City of Data though... Hopefully, it would be an easy fix. My only worry is people would emote while resting, forget they have Rest toggled, and be very confused/upset why their character isn't responding to the controls anymore!

• Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

4 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

My only worry is people would emote while resting, forget they have Rest toggled, and be very confused/upset why their character isn't responding to the controls anymore!

Give Rest a pulsing ring, or maybe some pingy (and unique) sound effect.  Or maybe grey out everything else but Rest.  Does that already happen?  I dunno!

Edited by Clave Dark 5

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

16 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Give Rest a pulsing ring, or maybe some pingy (and unique) sound effect.  Or maybe grey out everything else but Rest.  Does that already happen?  I dunno!

There is the fairly big "Only affecting self" message under your status bar.  I suppose they could have it say "You are resting: Only affecting self" or something, if they wanted to be super-duper clear about it...

• Like 1