Daredevil and Other Marvel Shows to Stream on Disney Plus in March After Netflix Exit

On 3/1/2022 at 12:30 PM, Apparition said:

Well, that’s unfortunate.  So much for Disney+ being family friendly.  I will have to warn my sister to make sure my young nephews don’t stumble across them.

Yes I hope the parental controls are up to snuff there for sure!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, Apparition said:

Well, that’s unfortunate.  So much for Disney+ being family friendly.  I will have to warn my sister to make sure my young nephews don’t stumble across them.

Disney has always had either subtle or on the nose adult themes like violence, sexual innuendo, and the like. Something I've realized after growing up during the Disney 90s Renaissance. 

Disney Plus is so far no different - luckily they've got iron clad parental controls so there's that. 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I don't know what D+ is like in the US, but in the UK it has the Star section. That's the likes of AHS, Walking Dead, Y:The Last Man, Sleepy Hollow (fun gore but still gore), Pam & Tommy, and a surprisingly fine selection of cult movies that would be educational for kids - like Ready Or Not (survival horror), OneHourPhoto (Robin Williams on fine supercreep form), The Omen (parental relationship issues), Borat (abuse of Americans), Grosse Pointe Blank (abuse of a high-end TV) and The Favourite (abuse of Rachel Weisz and a sponge. If you know, you know.) On top of all that, they're doing Moon Knight.

....so, yup, their parental controls are pretty good. Individual passworded profiles with individual ratings settings. I would have added a log to the kids' profiles and login history to all of them, but that's just me.

EDIT:At the risk of an "actually", Disney has had side gigs like Touchstone for edgier stuff for years, and added FX, Searchlight, and 20th Century Fox in the News Corp buyout.

They also had... Miramax.

Which did make some fine movies.

But the business part of Whollyodd wasn't family-friendly, probably never will be.

I'm not thinking of trying my luck again there - one asskicking like that is enough for one lifetime, and one less creep to deal with doesn't clean up Burbank. Though at least I'd feel a little safer in one sense.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.