Pet commands for Logitech G510s Macro Keys

Blackbird71

As this is my first new topic posted on these forums, before I start I just want to say it's great to be back, and a huge thank you to all those who have made this possible!

Back when CoX was originally running, I made use of my Logitech G15 keyboard's macro keys for all kinds of things in the game, including controlling my MM pets.  Since then, I've upgraded to a G510s, and I'm looking to make similar use of it.  The problem is, I don't remember quite how I did it.

I've tried entering slash commands as you would use directly in the game.  If I enter these as is, they only result in putting a "/" in the chat line with none of the following text.  I can fix this by putting a 0.05 second delay in my macro after the slash, but this method is still a bit clunky (with potential to be disrupted) and I was wondering if there were any other methods available.

I am aware of the numpad keybinds for pet commands.  These are effective, but I dislike using them mainly because of the numpad's position on the right side of the keyboard - I either have to take my right hand off the mouse to hit a command, or move my left hand away from the WASD position to the far side of the board and back.  The macro keys are much more conveniently located and I'd like to make use of them.  I suppose it could work to set up the numpad keybinds, and then set the macro keys to trigger the numpad keys, but I was hoping for a more direct option if such exists.

So, does anyone have any experience with using a G510s or similar macro keybord for these commands?  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

So what I did with my keyboard (a G110) was use the Logitech software to rebind the macro keys to the numpad while CoX is running. Then I just bound various mastermind commands to the Numpad buttons.

You don't have to use the Numpad buttons, I just picked those because they were easy to track and I don't use them while playing CoX. But the basic idea is use the Logitech software to rebind the macro keys to some spare keys on your keyboard and then bind commands to them.

EDIT: As a side note, I don't use the traditional MM Numpad binds, I have my own set of preferred binds, I just used the Numpad as a convenient set of keys to map the macro keys to.

Defender Smash!

So what I did with my keyboard (a G110) was use the Logitech software to rebind the macro keys to the numpad while CoX is running. Then I just bound various mastermind commands to the Numpad buttons.

You don't have to use the Numpad buttons, I just picked those because they were easy to track and I don't use them while playing CoX. But the basic idea is use the Logitech software to rebind the macro keys to some spare keys on your keyboard and then bind commands to them.

EDIT: As a side note, I don't use the traditional MM Numpad binds, I have my own set of preferred binds, I just used the Numpad as a convenient set of keys to map the macro keys to.

I expect that's probably what I'll have to do.  It's not ideal, as it limits my use of the macro keys.  If everything has to be bound to a regular key first, then I'm going to run out of keys before I use up all of the macro keys (18 macro keys x 3 profiles).  Though I suppose some creative use of modifier keys might solve that problem.

I expect that's probably what I'll have to do.  It's not ideal, as it limits my use of the macro keys.  If everything has to be bound to a regular key first, then I'm going to run out of keys before I use up all of the macro keys (18 macro keys x 3 profiles).  Though I suppose some creative use of modifier keys might solve that problem.

Well there are 16 Numpad keys so you only need to select two more keys for the first set of 18. After that just use Alt and Ctrl plus the same keyset for the other two profiles.

Defender Smash!

I LOVE my Logitech keyboard (The G11). It has the 18 G-keys that I hit with my pinkie when I play. I didn't make any macros, just bound them to certain commands and it allows me to keep my left hand in a smaller area when I play.

y0Y5yFQ.png Forever grateful to be back in my city!