New Universal Damage sets

Let me admit upfront that these were designed entirely because I think it'd be nice to have something to slot into attacks that you're forced to take but never use.

Surprise: acc/dam, dam/end, dam/rech, acc/ 100% chance of stealth upon attack (Maybe also stealths the enemy?)

2 set: Mag 2 Knockback Protection

3 set: 12% regeneration

4 set: 5% recharge time

Ruthless Efficiency: acc/dam/end, acc/dam/rech, dam/end/rech, acc/ 3% global endurance cost reduction

2 set: 3% energy/negative energy resistance

3 set: 2% damage

4 set: 10% Endurance drain resist

Fanatical Devotion: Acc, Dam, End, Acc/ 4% global control duration increase

2 set: 1.8% max end

3 set: Mag 2 Fear Protection

4 set: 7% accuracy

Edited by Major_Decoy
to change the Surprise proc

15 minutes ago, Major_Decoy said:

Let me admit upfront that these were designed entirely because I think it'd be nice to have something to slot into attacks that you're forced to take but never use.

Which attacks were those?  I take several abilities i never use to open further pool power picks but they only get slots if im after certain set bonuses.  In either case they served their purpose.  Im not sure if a 1 slot brawl and boxing need a global enhancement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with @TheZag. If I take a power because I have to in order to get access to another power I actually want, that requisite power only gets its initial enhancement slot. Why waste enhancement slots on something I will not use when I need those slots elsewhere?

Edited by Rudra
Edited to remove extraneous word.

Jab, Shadow Punch, Single shot. Basically, look at the secondaries with attacks, most of those leave attack chains.

The point is the single global enhancements, not the set bonuses, but you don't get single global enhancements or procs without also having sets for them to be part of.

Edited by Major_Decoy

1 hour ago, Major_Decoy said:

Surprise: acc/dam, dam/end, dam/rech, acc/ 100% chance of stealth upon attack (Maybe also stealths the enemy?)

Seriously? The player's enhancement gives the enemy a boost? So the proc is an anti-enhancement?

1 minute ago, Major_Decoy said:

Jab, Shadow Punch, Single shot. Basically, look at the secondaries with attacks, most of those leave attack chains.

I must run some weird characters or need someone to guide me on proper play. If I choose a non-power pool attack, I use it in my attack chain. Even at God Level Incarnate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Rudra said:

I must run some weird characters or need someone to guide me on proper play. If I choose a non-power pool attack, I use it in my attack chain. Even at God Level Incarnate.

Tanks don't get a choice about Jab when they want to play Super Strength. Hence the "look at secondaries with attacks".

Sure, but the very few tanks I've run also used their secondary's T1 as part of their attack chain at all levels.

Edit: Hells, pretty much all my characters take their primary's T1 and T2 attacks, and keep them in the attack chain even at full incarnate. I don't get why people drop them. Whatevs. This is ancillary or not relevant to the topic, depending on how it is taken.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

A plurality of the characters I play are tanks. Some use the Tier 1 attacks, some don't. It depends on the power set and how tight the build ends up being.

Jab, Shadow Punch, Thunder Kick, Swipe, all tend to leave my attack chains as I level, get more attacks and get more recharge.