Stj/Elec build help

TCRSavage

I am looking for help with two sets I have no experience with.  Never done a combo primary before and there seems to be a lot of things that need slotting in the elec secondary.  

Anyone have experience with these?  One initial concern I'm seeing is heavy end usage in the first 20 levels.  I don't even toggle on lightning field because the attacks just suuuuuuuck end like it's kool aid.  Builds appreciated, as is advice.  🙂

I'll give you advice on electric since I've run that a lot. Until you get to the late game, IO'd wonderland, you'll want a build that looks a lot like other low-level builds, slotting for endurance reduction and resistance in your armors and endurance reduction in your attacks. Your game starts to change when you get Energize, but only a little. When you get Power Sink it changes further, and you can start to ignore endurance issues, but not entirely until you get enough recharge to keep Energize perma. At this point you're in the IO'd world and the set finally starts to show its power. It's a late-blooming set and a set that wants heavy investment. The upside is that once IO'd you can have an extra sturdy character with better proc capacity than other sets because you can ignore slotting for endurance and get bonus recharge. After you get Energize perma you'll want to focus slots on layering defense on top of the resistance. This is why it can pair better with primary sets that can provide defense themselves, but Street Justice will be fine. S/L defense is the easiest to build for and happens to cover most attacks coming at you. Either build for 45% S/L or get to 32% and plan to carry defense inspirations to cover the gap. With that on top of your resists you'll be sturdier than most other characters around, as defense sets can't do the same building for resist.

As for power picks, skip Grounded and find a way to slot a couple -kb IOs instead along with Combat Jumping for immobilize protection. The Energy resistance and End Drain protection in Grounded are completely wasted, so it's a very low value pick as long as you get your KB protection elsewhere. Also, while the crashing t9 armors are generally not good, consider taking Power Surge. It allows you to get resistance to Toxic damage in those rare instances you need it. It also ends with an EM pulse that can hold enemies still around you when it crashes, which can be boosted with the Lockdown proc for another mag 2. That totals at mag 4 which will hold a boss. It still sucks when it crashes, but you might actually survive it.

Either 5 slot Panacea, everything but the base Heal, and use boosters if you wish (you can do this on pvp and purple enhancements without losing anything when you exemp, unlike with regular IO sets), or 6 slot Preventive Medicine (don't boost these). Both of those provide a recharge bonus while also enhancing the power. I often take Hibernate, which is a good place to one slot the Preventive Medicine proc, leaving Panacea as the better option for Energize.