SR Rad Tank

emeyer406

Has anyone had any experience with this combo?  Im looking for something new and thought I'ld give this a shot.  Most team tanking through all the general  TF and maybe some ITF runs after 50 with friends.  If some have a build they like and wouldnt mind sharing that would be awesome.

• Like 1

Yes I have one. I didn't make a mids build for it available for public release. That said, its extremely easy to hit incarnate softcapped defenses, get 95% DDR, and from there you build Res or HP, each method has its merits. Rad Melee gives you decent aoe, a so so heal, although you won't really need it really. SR as a tank plays kinda crazy as you get hit 1/20 times and everytime you get hit essentially it raises your resistances, so the lower your health the more you shrug off of the hits that do get through. Its a bit of a balancing act, but can be pretty strong.

6 minutes ago, emeyer406 said:

thank you for that information and guidance on the build.  where does the +res come from when taking damage / loosing health?

Its in the Abilitys, its an special, very usefull, i have an Dark Meele / SR Brute, and he took on all Avs solo , i can tell you you will love it as an tank.

Edited by Braddack
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, emeyer406 said:

thank you for that information and guidance on the build.  where does the +res come from when taking damage / loosing health?

Specifically from the three passives. With all three, starting at 60% health, the resist scales up to 60% at 0 health. Throw in a fully slotted tough and then set bonuses for more and you start hitting ridiculous levels of resists while still being softcapped with capped DDR. Well built and played, it's cruise control immortality.

Some notes: the scaling resists from the passives do NOT include psi protection. All other damage types are covered (toxic was recently added.) But many psi attacks have a positional component, so those get covered by your defenses and you can again shore that up with set bonuses should you desire.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2