March 28 patch doubled Rikti Monkey damage

Veracor

I hesitate to report this because it's so dumb, but I noticed a small discrepency in my damage taken logs.  Rikti Monkeys (and the similarly named Vicious Rikti Monkeys) seem to be doing 200-300% more damage than before the March 28 patch.  And I have no idea why.  Fortunately I run TFs daily and can look back on weeks of LGTF runs to compare with what's happening now.

Random LGTF runs from before March 28 (-1/x8):

2021-07-20 16:32:20 Rikti Monkey hits you with their Psychic Dart for 20.52 points of Psionic damage.

2021-07-20 16:41:16 Vicious Rikti Monkey hits you with their Monkey Brawl for 5.15 points of Smashing damage.

2021-07-31 16:40:52 Vicious Rikti Monkey hits you with their Psychic Dart for 28.68 points of Psionic damage.

2021-08-24 01:36:11 Rikti Monkey hits you with their Monkey Brawl for 7.39 points of Smashing damage.

2021-08-24 01:36:14 Rikti Monkey hits you with their Monkey Brawl for 6.41 points of Smashing damage.

2021-08-24 01:36:17 Rikti Monkey hits you with their Monkey Brawl for 6.41 points of Smashing damage.

2021-08-24 16:56:27 Vicious Rikti Monkey hits you with their Psychic Dart for 22.43 points of Psionic damage.

A quick check on the same mission of LGTF after Match 28 (-1/x8):

image.png.e22991bd2ec7bd3ebf693d4a63808b41.png

The conditions above would be the same build, no inspirations, and some number of foes in Evolving Armor's range.  There's no resistance debuffs from Rikti mobs here, but there are some small damage buffs from their Accelerate Metabolism.

But here's the thing that pins it to the March 28 patch: I coincidentally tried Rest-tanking level 54 Rikti Monkeys as a joke on March 26.  In those logs, I was taking -309 damage per Brawl while using Rest, and could tank 6 of these Rikti Monkeys once they were out of endurance.  Trying the same spot with the same mobs at the same level now yields -735 damage per Brawl while using Rest, and I can only tank 2 of these Rikti Monkeys once they are out of endurance.

Fortunately I also run Hami raids daily and was able to look at those same logs to see if the damage increase was tied to the Underling rank.  The Swarm mobs appear to be doing the same damage as before the patch, under the same conditions, so the bug is not with the rank.

I have no theory as to what might have changed in the March 28 code that would have buffed Rikti Monkeys of all things.  I'd understand it if the April Fools' event used Underlings and the bug was tied to the rank, but it doesn't and it isn't.  Edit: Completely forgot about the Freakshow monkeys in the event, my bad.

Edited by Veracor
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

• Developer

Confirmed & found the source. Rikti Monkeys got a bump by mistake while creating the stronger versions that went into the event monkeys used in the Mapserver Madness invasions. Will be fixed next patch.

• Haha 3

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

13 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Confirmed & found the source. Rikti Monkeys got a bump by mistake while creating the stronger versions that went into the event monkeys used in the Mapserver Madness invasions. Will be fixed next patch.

Monkeying around had consequences?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.