Pets, Slots and Procs

ThaOGDreamWeaver

When you're working with Pets, how do you slot them - and have you noticed anything weird with your experiments?

For example: I've tried adding the SBB Overwhelming Force DAM+KD>KB to Singularity - but it still seems to toss people around with Repel every now and again. Is that doing what it's supposed to?

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

Overwhelming force is a proc for chance, The KB set one actually zeroes it out in the power.

25 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Kb to Kd does not effect repel. That's a different effect all together.

Haven't run my kin buffer for farms in awhile, but the repel toggle with the KB-KD IO forces them to trip vs fly. Otherwise farmers would be yelling at me.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 minute ago, Outrider_01 said:

Overwhelming force is a proc for chance, The KB set one actually zeroes it out in the power.

Haven't run my kin buffer for farms in awhile, but the repel toggle with the KB-KD IO forces them to trip vs fly. Otherwise farmers would be yelling at me.

That's because the power Repel is a toggled aoe knock back, it's not actually the repel effect, that's why it trips the mobs up. It's kinda weird based on the names of the power and effects, you'd think Repel would do repel.

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

In singy, you need a sudden acceleration instead of overwhelming force, as the overwhelming won't change the repel power to kd. This IO only impacts aspects of the pet that do damage.

This is the correct answer. Overwhelming Force is a damage set and the Repel power Singy has which does knockback (like Kinetics > Repel, yes it IS badly named) doesn't have a damage component. 

Essentially if you stick Overwhelming into Singy all his damaging attacks would gain a chance to do knockdown (and nothing else because none of his damaging attacks do knockback). So you want a Sudden Impact instead to covert Repels KB into KD. 

This is always the case slotting IOs into pets. To give you another example I like sticking an Achilles Heel into Fly Trap. Fly Trap has 4 attacks, Entangle (no -Def), Fling Thorns (does -Def), Thorny Darts (-Def) and Bite (-Def). So for 3 of their 4 attacks the Achilles has a chance of going off, but it will never go off from Entangle. I like a Touch of Lady Grey there too, for the same reasons. Idiot Shrub will set it off a decent number of times off 3 of 4 attacks. 

This is also why Cloud Senses proc is good in a Dark Servant. 4 of DS's attacks have some -ToHit so the Cloud Senses will try and proc off those. But it will never proc off Petrifying Gaze (their hold) because it doesn't do -ToHit. 

Edited by Carnifax

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

That's because the power Repel is a toggled aoe knock back, it's not actually the repel effect, that's why it trips the mobs up. It's kinda weird based on the names of the power and effects, you'd think Repel would do repel.

image.png.1d7e86b90d9d5910ea66683248460988.png

image.png.34005851cb3fbe64159f581d019ae278.png

Both have a knock down proc and they slip, just tried it.  Or singularities mag 1 is so tiny you can't see it with the KB causing them to slip. Going off Ki Push from /Martial on blasters, it too has the KB-KD but they fly pack. 

It would seem there has to be an order of KB with repel to working together, like an acceleration modifier.  Ki Push is noticeable but as the flight distance is so much shorter with that proc.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

12 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

Both have a knock down proc and they slip, just tried it.  Or singularities mag 1 is so tiny you can't see it with the KB causing them to slip. Going off Ki Push from /Martial on blasters, it too has the KB-KD but they fly pack. 

It would seem there has to be an order of KB with repel to working together, like an acceleration modifier.  Ki Push is noticeable but as the flight distance is so much shorter with that proc.

Ki Push is weird in that it knocks things back quite a lot AND it repels them (and it does damage so an Overwhelming would work). So in it the Overwhelming changes the Knockback bit from 8.3 to < 0.67 (which is the kb / kd threshold) so they'd fall over rather than be knocked back. But it also has the repel effect too, so that's why you see a much smaller flight speed, all the knockback has been transformed into kd but the repel bit is still there to push them away (man this is confusing). 

But like @Onlyasandwich said to stop Singy sending things flying only a Sudden Acceleration will work. 

Your screenshot is a little misleading. Gravitional Pull is the new thing added a while back that is actually negative repel (or sorta) so it sucks things in towards Singy. "Repel" is its "knock things away power". 

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pets.singularity.repel&at=minion_pets                        <-- Needs Sudden Acceleration

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=pets.singularity.gravitational_pull&at=minion_pets     <-- The "pull you in towards Singy" power 

Coupled together that means with Sudden Acceleration slotted Singy will gradually pull things into towards it and when they get close they'll start falling over and you'll hear that god-awful noise. 

• Like 1