Homecoming Mission Architect Questions

cobie

Hi all,

While I was certainly up to date on all things Mission Architecty back in the days of Live, I'm fairly new to what's been going on over here in HC Land. So, a few questions:

- I've been seeing SFMA mentioned a lot. What does it stand for?

- Is it possible to earn more architect slots somehow? I published a 3-arc story and am now without any slots to publish anything else.

- Is there a global chat channel for MA discussion? Or is this forum all there is for the architecture sub-community?

- Are there any other abbreviations in MA descriptions I should know about?

It's been great telling stories and designing characters for the greater playerbase to experience once again. So, thanks for this opportunity.

2 hours ago, cobie said:

I've been seeing SFMA mentioned a lot. What does it stand for?

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Mission_Architect_Tags

[SFMA] - Story Focused Mission Arc

2 hours ago, cobie said:

Is it possible to earn more architect slots somehow? I published a 3-arc story and am now without any slots to publish anything else.

You could possibly PM a DEV, and they may be able to help you.

The easiest way is to make other accounts - they would have 3 each.

[Honestly, I don't know why the DEVs don't give us like 10 or more Architect slots at this point. We have 1000 Character slots per server.]

2 hours ago, cobie said:

Is there a global chat channel for MA discussion? Or is this forum all there is for the architecture sub-community?

There have been AE Mission contests recently. I would try to contact some of those players through their @[name]

2 hours ago, cobie said:

- Are there any other abbreviations in MA descriptions I should know about?

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Mission_Architect_Tags

Mission Type Tags

[SFMA] - Story Focused Mission Arc

[RBMA] - Rewards Based Mission Arc (Use at your own risk. For 'legitimate' arcs only.)

Challenge Level Tags

[LBMA] - LowBie friendly Mission Arc

[MLMA] - Mid-Level Mission Arc (Appropriate for levels 20-40, Post SOs and Pre-Epic Pools)

[HLMA] - High Level Mission Arc (Appropriate for levels 40+)

[PCMA] - Pro Challenge Mission Arc

[SLMA] - Solo Friendly Mission Arc

[TFMA] - Team Focused Mission Arc (Put in Both PCMA and TFMA to designate a Team Pro Challenge)

Mission Descriptor Tags

[NCMA] - Non-Canon Mission Arc (Not grounded in COH canon, an "Elseworlds" arc.)

[FHMA] - For-Hire Mission Arc (Your character is brought in to work for the contact as hired help.)

[VSMA] - Villainous Self-Motivated Arc (Your character has their own goals, contact helps you instead.)

[SGMA] - Super Group specific Mission Arc (Specific for the author's SG. May not work well for others.)

Genre Tags

[ACMA] - Architect System Mission Arc

[AFMA] - Allegory Focused Mission Arc

[CCMA] - Classic Comic Mission Arc

[CGMA] - Crime and Gangs Mission Arc

[CFMA] - Crisis Focused Mission Arc

[DFMA] - Drama Focused Mission Arc

[GDMA] - Global Domination Mission Arc

[HPMA] - Heist Plot Mission Arc

[HRMA] - Historical (Real) Mission Arc

[HCMA] - Historical (CoH) Mission Arc

[HDMA] - Holiday Mission Arc

[HGMA] - Horror Genre Mission Arc

[HFMA] - Humor Focused Mission Arc

[MFMA] - Magic Focused Mission Arc

[MWMA] - Military & Warfare Mission Arc

[MYMA] - Mystery Mission Arc

[MGMA] - Mythology & Gods Mission Arc

[NPMA] - Nemesis Plot Mission Arc

[OSMA] - Origin Story Mission Arc

[PRMA] - Puzzle & Riddles Mission Arc

[SCMA] - Science Fiction Mission Arc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

18 hours ago, cobie said:

- Is it possible to earn more architect slots somehow? I published a 3-arc story and am now without any slots to publish anything else.

I filed an in-game /petition to ask for more story slots and they gave me 5 additional.  Someone told me as long as you're making stories, they will give you more but probably not for farms.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

First - holy cow - what are all those tags?! I feel like I have been at this awhile and other than SFMA, the others are rarely used. (I have even gotten lazy with SFMA frankly and should fix that.) Obviously I have been missing out or they just are not that common in practice.

Second - in my experience - the devs are very generous with extra arcs as long as your arcs are story driven.

Third - Scrapbot just started up his weekly contest - which is what got me writing arcs again a few years ago. The dev one is running regularly too.

Looking forward to mor stories!

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

I followed the advice above and sent a /petition requesting more slots and wound up getting an additional 3. I guess it's going to be parceled out little by little until I demonstrate the fact that I can put out some legit content. Grateful, all the same. 😄

Also, to steal an idea I've noticed here: I'm definitely going to start putting out arcs as seasons and individual missions as episodes. Such a great idea. Totally changes my perspective on the content I'm creating.