Make Jack and Eochai appear more often.

Personally, I'd rather Jack spawned more often in Croatoa. Croatia is a bit far and expensive to reach for me. On a side note, sometimes just finding Jack and Eochai when they have spawned can be difficult. Even with vidiotmaps giving spawn points for them. So maybe you just missed them during your search? (I'm all for them spawning more often, just saying it is possible to miss them.)

(Edit: I'm for them spawning more often as long as they are not already spawned, not counting the war.)

Edited by Rudra
  • Like 1

At random intervals a war breaks out in the Grim Vale area of Croatoa. The Fir Bolg and Cabal are on one side, against their ancient enemies the Tuatha de Dannan and Red Caps. Large numbers of both groups spawn at opposite ends of the vale in several waves and rush towards each other, intent on wiping each other out. There are 3 - 4 waves total, and on the final wave the two giant monsters, Eochai and Jack in Irons spawn to fight each other.

The war spawns for each side are generally fairly evenly matched. But given that the Vale is normally populated by large numbers of Cabal bosses, the Fir Bolg/Cabal side generally has a distinct advantage in the war once the native spawns enter the fight. This usually results in the Tuatha de Dannan/Red Caps side of the war spawn being defeated, while a large portion of the Cabal/Fir Bolg side is left intact. This has the effect of stalling the war, since most or all of one wave has to be eliminated before the next wave can spawn.

This results in the common ability for players to catch the war in this stalled state, and help it along by clearing out the vale themselves of all combatants. This will unstick the war and allow the next wave to spawn. If this is repeated by clearing out each new wave of the war spawn, players can in essence force the spawn of the two giant monsters, allowing players to then defeat the monsters.

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Croatoa_War

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**  

Okaaaaayyyy.... Not sure why you are posting the war as a response. Jack and Eochai have been spawned (not at the same time) in addition to the war. While not a common occurrence, and not counting the Halloween event, there have been two Eochais or two Jack in Irons in the zone at once. And clearing the war spawns does not affect them. (Unless of course, a fix I am not aware of fixed this so that only the war or Jack or Eochai is active at a time.)

• Thumbs Up 1

They can all 4 be up at the same time still.  I have seen them individually in the zone plenty of times.  What ive never seen is an event message for the individual spawns saying jack or eochai has been spotted in croatoa.  Ive only seen the unusual monster activity detected one that signals the war in the grim vale is starting.

So maybe a new message like "Monster sighted in Croatoa" or similar could be added so people looking for Jack or Eochai know at least one of them has spawned and can go looking for them?

Edit:

"Blood curdling screams are reported in Croatoa." announcing Jack in Irons?

"The Fir Bolg have completed a ritual." announcing Eochai?

"Jack in Irons has been sighted in Croatoa." with an Eochai variant to keep the messages in line with the other GM messages we get?

Edited by Rudra