Slotting Procs in the pet powers. or in your secondary and attuning

desarix

I tried asking this and on two different occasions in help, I had gotten different answers so I am thoroughly confused. I blame myself because I probably framed the question poorly. I may still be confused even after I get an answer here. Not the sharpest tool.

If you have an effect like a chance to stun or chance for a resistance debuff or any proc but you don't slot the rest of the set , just that one enhancement that gives the proc. If that set is only from level 1-20 like for instance Energy Manipulator : Chance to Stun or Archlles' Heel : Chance for Resistance Debuff. You only slot one enhancement from that set into your power. The rest of the set has other enhancements like pet Blood Mandate on 5 slots. 

Is there any benefit to attuning the enhancement with the proc? Keep in mind that the highest level of the proc is level 20.

If I do not attune and my enhancement is level 18 for example when I exemplar to level 40 does it work?

Edited by desarix

The only real difference between an attuned proc and a non attuned proc is the lowest level it will work. The level 18 proc will only work down to level 15 if you exempt that far where the attuned proc will be available at the sets lowest available level so for the energy manipulator proc that would be level 10 and the same for the achilles' heel proc. As far as the max level it really doesnt matter as it will continue to proc even when you exceed it's level range 

• Thumbs Up 2

Not true. Procs don't follow the -3 level rule and will work as long as the power is available. A lvl 50 proc will work if you exemp down to lvl 15 as long as as the power it's slotted in is active at that level. There is no benefit to attuning procs.

Not to be confused with globals (i.e., kb protection, LOTG +recharge, etc.), which do follow the -3 level rule.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Exemplar_Effects_on_Enhancements#Procs

45 minutes ago, Uun said:

There is no benefit to attuning procs.

I believe Arbegla may be referring to the general scenario of set bonuses, rather than the unique scenario that desarix presented where sets are not involved.

A level 50 proc would lose set bonuses associated with its presence if exemplared sufficiently below, though the proc itself would still function. 

In any event, there is no reason not to attune a proc with the way the AH works on Homecoming. You gain nothing by having the proc not attuned, and they can be obtained directly from the market without catalysts.

The base values of all enhancements regardless of whether they exist at the level you exemplar down to will adjust accordingly. It is the global bonus that follows the -3 rule. I had forgotten that and got into a tizzy thinking if I had an attuned level 25-40 set all the damage, accuracy and other values the enhancement itself boosts will disappear if I went below level 22. That was scary.

Edited by desarix