Sonic Blast needs some love

Sonic’s -res is great for a team, but the set still lacks punch on its own. It has no snipe and no extreme/superior attack. Instead it gets -res and a sleep AoE…

Screech being turned into a lesser snipe wouldn’t be a bad move for the set. When I say lesser I mean less damage than a traditional snipe since it also stuns and applies -res, but give it the same range and special sniper damage tick when used out of combat. Maybe like 80% the damage of other snipes?

That being said, not every blast set needs a snipe. Perhaps just make Shout do more damage to justify its long animation time. It should do Superior or Extreme damage, imo.

Edited by Marbing

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

18 hours ago, Marbing said:

Sonic’s -res is great for a team, but the set still lacks punch on its own. It has no snipe and no extreme/superior attack. Instead it gets -res and a sleep AoE…

Screech being turned into a lesser snipe wouldn’t be a bad move for the set. When I say lesser I mean less damage than a traditional snipe since it also stuns and applies -res, but give it the same range and special sniper damage tick when used out of combat. Maybe like 80% the damage of other snipes?

That being said, not every blast set needs a snipe. Perhaps just make Shout do more damage to justify its long animation time. It should do Superior or Extreme damage, imo.

Agree.

Sonic/Sonic L44 and counting.

Azrael.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:02 PM, Marbing said:

Maybe extend the reach of the cones a bit and/or perhaps give shout or screech an extra damage effect for targets already affected by the -res debuff.

On 5/7/2022 at 12:03 AM, biostem said:

Maybe extend the reach of the cones a bit and/or perhaps give shout or screech an extra damage effect for targets already affected by the -res debuff.

Good idea.  Splash Damage.  If it's 'that loud' it would affect more than the key target if any are close by.  I like how Thunderstrike has a key target and 'splash.'  Maybe start introducing the migraine effect into the Primary.

Whilst we're at it.

What about an Epic Sonic set?  Take the Sonic Defender buff S*L shield and have it as an Epic shield selection for Sonic blasters.  Always good to have thematic Choices.

I'm still down with the Screech Cannon.  It would be a cool out of the box thinking idea to have a snipe that BOOMs a target and anything nearby takes some damage and 'folds' with a stun/migraine effect ringing in their ears.  A bit like how the Sonic Nova stuns all.  So moving that to Shout and creating another big hitter in a Screech snipe with some AoE splash dam/stun/migraine would really sexy things up for Sonic Primary.  (An underappreciated aspect of the sonic nova when I was playing on live was its stun.  'What's the point of a stun on a nova?' I thought.  I'm digging it now on my L50.  I'm a bit more enlightened these days.) 

The migraine effect in Sonic Manipulation and it would be cool if they can integrate that here and there with the Primary.  

My level 50 Sonic/Sonic Manipulation has become a Junior Tank.  Or a Tank Blaster.  I'm really pleased with it's booming single target damage.  Bosses and 'hard' targets literally melt under the onslaught of Sonic's -res.  If the primary ever gets a Quality of Life / sexy it up pass the secret will be out.  Currently a well kept secret.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Thumbs Up 1