Relevance of Kinnetic Melee

00Troy00

*Yes, I posted this in the Brute forum as well. That's because I haven't  decided between the two, and am still doing my research*

How does the set perform?

I get that the sound is off-putting to some, but it's not an issue for me.

Where does it rank in terms of DPS and what secondaries seem to compliment it the most?

It will be among the worst in terms of dps. I've really only seen it do competitive damage on stalkers.

Bio would be the easiest secondary choice just for the dmg buffs and -res. Elec, Stone, Energy, SR could also work for the +rech to give Power Siphon more uptime. 

The set doesn't have a ton going for it as it is right now. Concentrated Strike is the only reliable power for the Crit Strikes proc, but it has a 3s+ animation time which is pretty brutal. Your best bet would be to spam your t1, t2, t3 powers to stack Power Siphon, and then spam Burst and your epic pool AoE.

It's work to figure out how to get it in the middle of the pack for DPS, but it isn't bottom tier if you do. The Conc Strike animation can root you for a long time (2.83s) but it's a cool payoff. ATO2 definitely goes in Conc Strike and you definitely take and slot T1-3 and use them. Fire Melee actually performs worse in ST DPS but that's IF you put the time in to figure out the best way to maximize it's weird Build Up (Power Siphon). Fire Melee is pretty bad in terms of performance but it's dumb simple to do.

I haven't done SF/BIO or ELM/BIO but I'm pretty sure they are behind it in ST performance. KM<FM<DM(1x Soul Drain Stack)<ELM<SF

Stalker is your best bet if you want a good time with Kinetic Melee.  km/bio stalker is not bad

100% Burst crit chance from hide/placate/ato1 proc

Forcing Conc Strike to 'crit' to sometimes have up to 30 seconds of Build Up.

But brute/scrapper its really fucking bad.  In a burst damage world it just has no place.  You either wont have full Siphon stacks for the current group, and you will have stacks drop off traveling to the next group.  Energy Melee is better in every way possible

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later