The "aha" moment in my gaming

desarix

I have never ever been able to really have very good enhancements when I played on live. I had to scrounge and save to get may be 4 single origins in those early days.

I knew about converters but it never occurred to me how to use them wisely. Now at the expense of some merits I managed to actually acquire complete orange sets. Yes I did waste those precious merits but hear me out.

I started a new character with no money from any of my other alts. No gifts from strangers and believe me this is harder to avoid than you might think. I bought a few IO recipes that no one uses like range and sold them and when I got a low level orange recipe I converted it and sold the rare of the set to get my seed money. After I got that 2 million I went to work and bought up the common yellow recipes of a pet set and set about converting them. I used up a lot of merits but I am at 20 in possession of 3 sets. Some I cannot even equip yet because I have to be 28 to do so. I even managed to get the ones where only one of its type can be slotted the defense and resistance bonus ones. I was lucky with some drops at level 16 that gave me the base recipe to craft and then convert.

I am so proud of myself to finally figure this out. I know most of you must have done this ages ago but this was truly a revelation to me.

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awesome!

Now, what'll REALLY bake your noodle is when you discover end-game builds!

And things that currently have you going "Uh oh." become "maybe I should bump the difficulty..." as you wreck fools like it's going out of style...

• Haha 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

20 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

Congrats!  Glad you were able to figure this out and are on your way.  There are some other very useful tips and tricks posted from people in the Marketing section of this forum you may want to check out.  

Enjoy!

Thank you will look at them

17 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Awesome!

Now, what'll REALLY bake your noodle is when you discover end-game builds!

And things that currently have you going "Uh oh." become "maybe I should bump the difficulty..." as you wreck fools like it's going out of style...

I have not gotten a single toon at 50. I do think the game completely changes at 50. Not too sure I want to yet.

7 hours ago, desarix said:

Thank you will look at them

I have not gotten a single toon at 50. I do think the game completely changes at 50. Not too sure I want to yet.

The game doesn't necessarily change at lvl 50.  Your character keeps growing post-50 as you become even more powerful and the game continues to grow with you with increased difficulty content.  Reaching lvl 50 and becoming an Incarnate and doing the incarnate trials and the Dark Astoria content is really something to continue experiencing.  Stopping before 50 or right at it is like not even allowing your character to fully realize their potential.  You should give it a try.  🙂 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Frozen Burn said:

The game doesn't necessarily change at lvl 50.  Your character keeps growing post-50 as you become even more powerful and the game continues to grow with you with increased difficulty content.  Reaching lvl 50 and becoming an Incarnate and doing the incarnate trials and the Dark Astoria content is really something to continue experiencing.  Stopping before 50 or right at it is like not even allowing your character to fully realize their potential.  You should give it a try.  🙂 

Thanks for that perspective. I think I will push it with one mastermind. Oh dear now to decide which one it will be..... 

• Thumbs Up 1