[Infiltration]'s +Stealth radius turns OFF when you hold still? (or pause at all even for just an instant)

agentx5

I was looking around to see if somebody else had reported this bug on the forums, and I'm not finding a topic already.  So if this has been said already, I do apologize.

If you stop moving next to a group of enemies they will aggro onto you. (and not talking Rikti drones either or enemies with +Perception, this happens with any enemies) Please note that this does NOT happen in the same player-vs-enemy positioning with other powers such as Stealth, Stalkers' Hide powers, Grant Invisibility, or Superior Invisibility.  It's only Infiltration that has this issue, and it's only when you hold still within aggro "visual" range of the enemies.  If you keep moving, then you won't be detected.  And before you thing that's easy to just keep moving bear in mind that stopping even for a faction of a second say to switch directions from strafing right to strafing left actually counts as "stopping", yeah it's odd.
This is very easy to test on an AE fire farm btw, if anyone else wants to corroborate (although I'll add that's usually +4 level enemies).

13 hours ago, agentx5 said:

Please note that this does NOT happen in the same player-vs-enemy positioning with other powers such as Stealth, Stalkers' Hide powers, Grant Invisibility, or Superior Invisibility.  It's only Infiltration that has this issue, and it's only when you hold still within aggro "visual" range of the enemies.

You're comparing two different kinds of powers here.

First, you have "Stealth, Stalkers' Hide powers, Grant Invisibility, or Superior Invisibility".  This all grant what I'll call 'full invisibility'.  You can walk right up to most enemies, actually bump into them, and they won't know you're there.

Then you have Infiltration, which is *NOT* full invisibility.  Once you get close enough, ANY mob will be able to see you.  So it sounds like that's what's causing an issue.

Tell me, are you actually using the Combat Attributes and monitoring the  'Stealth Radius (PVE)' to see what the power is doing?  That will tell you if it's actually shutting off, because the number will go to zero.  Otherwise, you're just getting too close to the enemy and they can see right through the Infiltration power - which is working as intended in that regard.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.